**NEED HELP** Having video problems with a friend's Playstation 3 (60 gig)

Jedah Doma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
My friend has a PS3 that is now only displaying white pixelated dots. Also, the controllers will not sync with the hardware wirelessly or wired. It worked just fine for 15 months, but now is not displaying video. Mind you, the system was stored with 6" of clearance and plenty of ventilation, but has been exposed to the average amount of dust. He's already tried the following:

- Reset the console to default settings
- Tried multiple HDMI cables
- Tried multiple A/V cables
- Tried multiple TV's and ports
- Tried multiple controllers
- Let system cool for 48 hours
- Already consulted Sony troubleshooting and FAQ

System will produce a green LED and beeps when resetting to factory defaults. We've already called Sony and thier only solution is a cool $150 and a meager 90 warranty.

We're guessing it's the video card, but we're not positive.

Anyone have any solutions and or thoughts? Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to my world. My issues aren't as surious as those but Sony doesn't seem to have much support beyond taking the $150. I tried getting them to help me figure out what was wrong and well they didn't seem interested. Your not going to get much help here either.

Someone told me they were having problems with the 60GBs which I believe now. At the time I hadn't heard many complaints, but if you are one of the "1%" then you'll notice the different issues. All of which will earn you a refurbished PS3- for $150.

Slap in the face if you ask me, but there are people willing to pay it and take a chance on the new 90 days...

If he recently switched between a SD tv and an HD tv he will need to hold the power button down until he hears a little "beep" (about 10 secs)

[quote name='JMEPO']If he recently switched between a SD tv and an HD tv he will need to hold the power button down until he hears a little "beep" (about 10 secs)[/quote]

As already stated in the first post, we tried that, but no dice. Thanks anyway.

bread's done
Back