Need help installing Turtle Beach X11 Headset to 360

joeshmoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Alright guys, I need some help installing the X11 headset to my 360. Before you say it, I've tried contacting their customer service multiple times, but without any response yet. So, I was hoping maybe someone on here would know what to do.

The problem is that when I have the set connected, I can hear sound through it perfectly fine, but I cannot talk into the microphone, it won't pick up my voice. I've changed the audio settings on the 360 to be headset only, but it still doesn't change anything. I'm using an HDMI, along with an audio adapter and an extra AV cable.

Here's what the setup looks like:

24phzk3.jpg

Did you plug it into the controller as well? Pretty sure it comes with a small cable that has to run between the controller and the headset if you're doing voice.

You have the talkback cable connected from the turtle beaches to the Xbox controller, yeah? The audio cables are just strictly for game sound.

Your cable should be gray (I had to get a replacement off of Ebay after I lost mine), but you should have this goin on.

QbN0R.jpg

Speaking of the X11's, anyone been able to get rid of the constant hiss on these things? I've read using a USB port from a non-360 source helps but it made no difference to me. I'm able to live with it since everything else about these are great (esp. for the $30-40 I got them for).

The hiss is just something to live with, as far as I know there's no way to get rid of it. I've actually learned to kind of like it in a way.

Ah so you have to have the little chord plugged into the controller? That sucks, I thought there would be around doing that, but I guess it isn't that huge a deal.

Thanks guys.

[[[[Speaking of the X11's, anyone been able to get rid of the constant hiss on these things? I've read using a USB port from a non-360 source helps but it made no difference to me. I'm able to live with it since everything else about these are great (esp. for the $30-40 I got them for). ]]]]

FYI....I USE MY TV'S USB AND NEVER HAVE NOTICED A HISS

bread's done
Back