Need help interrogating the neighbors

Lord_Kefka

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
So I ordered some Birthday presents for my sister from Amazon. I checked the package tracking today and found they were supposedly delivered to the "Front Door" on Wednesday. Obviously since I'm writing this, I do not have the package.

I live in an apartment, in a whole little subset of identical apartment buildings in this little community. Now, UPS could mean front door of my actual apartment or the front patio/main entrance. Which means any jackoff could have snagged it.

Obviously Amazon will not give a shit. UPS will probably flip me the bird too, saying it was delivered. Not like I can find a single contact email on either site to get help.

So now what? Other than the long shot of my the apartment clubhouse (where the staff is) having it, I'm pretty much S.O.L.? Do I tack a sign to the outside of the entrance door? Knock on everyone's door and ask if they stole my package two days ago?

fuck this place, I hate this apartment. I have other stuff coming in right now and I'm paranoid about it being stolen.

Have everything sent to the office if possible. I've done that for years as I don't have to worry about it getting swiped and the receptionist is always there to sign for stuff so I don't have to worry about being home for deliveries that require signature.

Amazon and UPS can do an investigation.

honestly I don't see why you (amazon) could tack on a sig required, that way you know if it got delivered.

have someone at home when it is delivered.

Have some faith on Amazon and UPS.... they can track this stuff down to the driver and if he did leave it outside the complex, it will obviously be UPS fault, Amazon will make a claim and ship you out a new box.

Amazon and UPS will have to investigate, and the driver might be able to tell you where it was left. Worst come to worst, you'll have to do a chargeback on your CC, though than that will take time and since it was "delivered" you might lose. Yea, I live an apartment complex too, luckily I haven't had anything stolen yet, luckily somebody has always been home to get it. As Fedex and UPS doesn't seem to require a signature anymore, even on two day delivery and high price items.

Sorry to hear, :(

My Apt is overrun with section 8 trash and I never feel safe. I send shit over to my work or my parents house.

If UPS can't prove the package was delivered (dropping it off doesn't count), you're entitled to a full refund from them.

You'll get a new package from Amazon just by filing a complaint. Had the same thing happen to me. Ordered a game, came home and saw it was delivered via the tracking website, looked everywhere outside, and there were people sitting right on the other side of the door who would have saw a UPS truck pull up and heard the guy come on the porch.

They delivered it to the wrong house. I waited 24 hours for a neighbor to drop it off and got nothing. Didn't feel like interrogating my neighbors because UPS fucked up. Scumbags next door probably got it and pawned it for beer money or burned it in their fireplace because they don't pay their utility bills. Just let Amazon know, UPS won't be able to prove shit, and you'll get a refund or replacement.

Years ago I had purchased a bunch of items from Rightstuf and it was delivered via UPS. Unfortunately, it was delivered to an apartment complex across the street. :lol:

Anyway, I contacted UPS and Rightstuf and they took care of it for me (by sending a new package). The UPS delivery guy was across the street the next day trying to get the package back.

I'm pretty lucky because UPS delivers packages to the office and they are watched or if they do deliver to my door and I'm not around one of my neighbors will grab it and leave a note on my door. If I were you though I would contact Amazon first. Each UPS package is insured up to $100 so if Amazon doesn't help file a claim with UPS.

Like others have said, call both Amazon and UPS. Someone will help you. The system saying delivered means little if they don't have your signature. Hell when I worked for the USPS we could (and did on Postmaster orders) scan everything as delivered when it came in for a while (in theory this was to get our "on time" delivery numbers up) until people started complaining about packages being "delivered" at 3am.

bread's done
Back