Need help naming this Nine Inch Nails song...

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
Hey, I overheard this Nine Inch Nails song on the radio (I think it was a Nine Inch Nails song as it sounded like them/Trent) and it had in the lyrics material (lyrics) specifically attacking the music industry, which was in the chorus. Anybody know which song of NIN it is? I wasn't sure if it was a totally new song (I understand he's recording a new album this year), or just other obscure song of his that I hadn't heard in a while.

[quote name='Sycowulf']Starfuckers Inc is actually on The Fragile iirc.[/QUOTE]

You are correct sir. And so am I. The original is on the fragile and remix versions on things fall apart.

Had you tried going to amazon and looking up their albums? Most stuff on amazon you can play a track sample of like 30 seconds from each song so maybe one will sound like what it is your looking for. Atleast could rule out if it was NIN or not.

[quote name='twiceborn']Could it be Starfu#*ers? If it is, it's on the Things Fall Apart album.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I know that one and would have spotted it if it was it. I heard this song last Saturday while visiting California on KROQ I think. It sounded new, to me at least, and the chorus used the word "industry" and basically sounded like him saying/singing about how it sucked.

[quote name='gargus']Had you tried going to amazon and looking up their albums? Most stuff on amazon you can play a track sample of like 30 seconds from each song so maybe one will sound like what it is your looking for. Atleast could rule out if it was NIN or not.[/QUOTE]

Honestly thought it was some kind of new Reznor/how to Destroy Angels/NIN song, so I figured someone on CAG might know. I guess I could go to amazon and try to go through every song, but it definitely sounded something current.

[quote name='Cheapie McGee']I think I found it...Cold...Kill the Music Industry....[/QUOTE]

Nope, not it. Sounds more metal/hard rock than industrial.

Nothing rings a bell. How To Destroy Angels is sang predominately by a female so it's not from that.

Unless the song was bleeped to hell, I don't think it was Kill The Music Industry.

Can you do anything else to describe the song? Fast, slow, in your face, loud, anything like that?

Upload a video of yourself humming it on Youtube, in your underwear.

If you remember the time of day and the station, most radio station websites have a list of what they played around that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Nope, not it. Sounds more metal/hard rock than industrial.[/QUOTE]

Wasnt like marilyn manson was it? I know they are different but have a somewhat simmiliar sound to them. I think they had one song called the dope show or something that sounds a little like what you were describing in terms of meaning. Im just spitballing though.

bread's done
Back