Need help on deciding the best Yu-Gi-Oh! title to buy.

Kain Vincent

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I'm a fan of yugioh, but the physical card game is too expensive for my tastes. I have World Wide Edition (Stairway to the Destined Duel) but it's time for a more upgraded game.

I'm looking between the following three titles and I could use some advice on which is the best one to purchase:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour (DS)
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy (GBA)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 7 Trials to Glory: World Wide Edition 2005 (GBA)

I'm not too concerned with the promo cards, since I don't play the real game. Any help would be most welcome. :D

Disclaimer: The only TCG I've ever played is duel masters ($5 at best buy, $7 with the XL pong T-shirt).

7 trials to glory seems the worst, based purely on review scores. The other two seem identical; I'd think in any card game a touch screen would improve the interface dramatically.

None of the sequels were especially well received - probably because for the post part they're incremental updates, like sports games. But if I were you I'd lay off the Yuge for a while, and give Konami a chance to come up with a really good game.

I'm also Yugioh trading card fan for some reason I always get my money worth compare to other overtop rated games.I rather prefer playing mtg,but there is no handheld version.

Out of all 3 version,you should pick Nightmare or Gx.I would personaly get Yugioh Nightmare Trobador.The DS dual screen help viewing the cards descripition much easier and you can use the 3 god card in that version.The problem the game is slow, you can't fast forward like the other versions.The 3 promo cards are really good in that version.Silent Magician lvl4,lvl8 and magician circle.

I don't like Yugioh GX because I don't know any of the characters and 3 dorms seem like rip-off of Harry Potter.The game play is very fast since you can fast foward without holding the button.The promo cards are pretty bad.

If you want buy the games cheap,buy it off ebay.The sellers their just want the promo cards or you can buy it from me.I stop play both games

Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour (DS)
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy (GBA)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 7 Trials to Glory: World Wide Edition 2005 (GBA)

Do you need the games right now??? if not wait a month until world championship 2006 comes out (release date march 23 i think) BUT if you need the games right now to play i would buy them in this order

1. nightmare troublador (since its a DS game)
2..... World 2005
3.... Duel academy

If your looking at buying or Trading for a game I have a Near mint copy of Duel academy (NO CARDS) played less then 5 hours (as you can see i hated this game)

also if you played one yu gi oh game you played them all

1. Troubador (just cause it's pretty good, even my wife liked it so much she bought her own game. Especially for one who thought Yugi seemed too complicated. Easy to pick up, hands down the one to buy, if only it came with WFC capabilities)

2. World (easy to pick up, and kept me busy on long trips, probably one of the best ones out there)

2. Duel Academy (because I have yet to play it, so can't say anything about it)

Though I don't agree with the you played one yugi game you played them all. I could not understand for the life of me Reshef of Destruction, or all the other non tournament style games. My friend's lil bro had them, and I tried it out, but the whole control scheme seemed complicated (especially since I just had learned to play the game from him).

You can also consider getting the Yu-Gi-Oh Double Pack, which includes Sacred Cards and Reshef of Destruction.

[quote name='62t']You can also consider getting the Yu-Gi-Oh Double Pack, which includes Sacred Cards and Reshef of Destruction.[/quote]

When is this coming out? I haven't even heard of a Yu-Gi-Oh DP. I'd be interested.

I don't really care for the show, but the card game for pure strategy and tactics is actually kind of fun. Not overly complicated, and easy to pick up and play. Quite surprised me actually...

I have Nightmare Troubador and a few older ones, but I can say that on that alone it has to be the best Yugi game out there.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']When is this coming out? I haven't even heard of a Yu-Gi-Oh DP. I'd be interested.

I don't really care for the show, but the card game for pure strategy and tactics is actually kind of fun. Not overly complicated, and easy to pick up and play. Quite surprised me actually...

I have Nightmare Troubador and a few older ones, but I can say that on that alone it has to be the best Yugi game out there.[/quote]

SC and RoD are not games I would advise getting, since they deviate from the offical card game rules too much. Plus, they are not really fun with some of these "rules" (Every card had a Duel Point and your deck is limited by these DPs).

[quote name='Kain Vincent']SC and RoD are not games I would advise getting, since they deviate from the offical card game rules too much. Plus, they are not really fun with some of these "rules" (Every card had a Duel Point and your deck is limited by these DPs).[/quote]

That doesn't really bug me...maybe it just makes the games more challenging and I've always wanted to play them.

Edit: But again, when does the Duel Pack come out?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']That doesn't really bug me...maybe it just makes the games more challenging and I've always wanted to play them.

Edit: But again, when does the Duel Pack come out?[/quote]

The Double Pack is already out. Forgot to address that in my previous post. :cool:

Comes with two promo cards (Dark Magician Knight and Sage's Stone, IIRC)

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']That doesn't really bug me...maybe it just makes the games more challenging and I've always wanted to play them.

Edit: But again, when does the Duel Pack come out?[/quote]
The Double Pack is already out. Forgot to address that in my previous post. :cool:

Comes with two promo cards (Dark Magician Knight and Sage's Stone, IIRC)

[quote name='fatbeer']If you want buy the games cheap,buy it off ebay.The sellers their just want the promo cards[/quote]

Ebay is flooded with bootlegs. If you decide to go that route, make sure you check the product before bidding, to make sure it's the real deal.

stay far away from digital dice monsters... what in the hell were they thinking about back then.... at least it was only 1 game and went away very quickly

I managed to play Duel Academy, and it plays pretty much like the Tournament ones. I mean the Yugi games weren't pretty much for stories and such, but as far as gameplay I quite enjoyed Duel Academy and change it from #3 to #2 just cause I like the newer cards and all.

I would steer away from Reshef and Sacred stones myself....I just didn't enjoy either game at all. It was not interface friendly as these new ones are. If I had not played the tournament ones or Troubador I would have not gotten into the games at all if I based it on those in the double pack.

get Nightmare Troubadour. unlike the other options, as far as Yugioh goes it doesn't suck.

plus, if you play the IRL TCG, Silent Magician is pretty badass.

Thanks for the advice so far everyone. I think I'll get Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, since it offers what I'm looking for the most.

BTW, does anyone know what the promo cards are for GX?

[quote name='mentos888']hiccupleftovers, can you empty your inbox please, i'm trying to pm u?!?![/quote]

Okey dokey PM box clean.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']The Double Pack is already out. Forgot to address that in my previous post. :cool:

Comes with two promo cards (Dark Magician Knight and Sage's Stone, IIRC)[/quote]

Wiwm thanks for the info. Gonnna go and pick it up now whenever I'm at BB.

bread's done
Back