Need help picking a bluetooth headset to use in loud gaming environment

jughead

CAGiversary!
Feedback
201 (99%)
I've googled "loudest bluetooth headset", "gaming bluetooth headset", etc... and haven't had any real results other than different message boards saying "well, (insert model) is the loudest one i've heard". I need an answer involving loud video games.

I have a fairly loud surround sound arrangement. I currently have what I believe to be a Motorola HS850. It is so quiet I can barely use it when on the phone, much less when playing KZ2 with the sound cranked. I also tried the Jabra set that came with Warhawk. Again; way too quiet (but slightly better). Are there any CAGs here who can easily hear their bluetooth clearly when playing on a loud surround sound system? If so; could you please recommend your products. I'd like to keep it cheap and I'm not that concerned about comfort. Thanks for the help.

I've heard excellent things about the official headset working with peoples' surround setup. I just use it with my (admittedly crap) setup and it works fine for me.

Is it loud? I like the look of it. I am paranoid, to say the least. I've had two and they've both sucked bad. I just thought their were more CAGs with surround sound setups that use a bluetooth headset. Maybe I'll try AVSForums.

I think most people with amplified sound are in the same spot you are. Tell us if you find anything that works really well.

[quote name='jughead']Is it loud? I like the look of it. I am paranoid, to say the least. I've had two and they've both sucked bad. I just thought their were more CAGs with surround sound setups that use a bluetooth headset. Maybe I'll try AVSForums.[/quote]
It's loud enough for me but again I've only got two front facing speakers aimed at me. Just be patient. Some of the more knowledgeable CAGs will be around the boards tonight.

I've currently got a 7.1 setup that I typically run no where near full blast. I keep the receiver between -26db to -20db on the volume scale. I use the headset packaged with warhawk and can hear things just fine. I'll do some testing later if I really push the system and let you know.

I run 5.1 and use the BT125 (warhawk) headset. I've kinda learned that I need to turn my sound down or else I'll be annoying everyone when the headset picks it up anyway. I'm extremely unchatty or I'd probably attempt an USB (with extra long cord) if I needed to be heart alot

bread's done
Back