Need help pricing my yardsale stuff

camelking6969

CAG Newbie
this is probaly the wrong place but oh well. i am having a yardsale in about 2 weeks. i just need some kind of idea bout pricing some vintage toys. i will be selling gi joe toys, the 80's ones. also i will be selling alot of starwars action figures. they are from the starwars, empire strikes back, return of jedi era. also have a working 7800 with over 100 games.

like i said i am just trying to get a little feedback from cag to price them. i am not trying to rape people but i want to be fair to myself. thanks for all your help

Well, people at yardsales want toys for a quarter or less each, you generally won't get collectors paying the true value.

Any chance you have any vintage Cobra vehicles or any of the joe bases? :D

thats so weird you would say that, i was just putting the cobra plane back togethar. it was the blue one that the wing turns up and down. reminds me of an a-10

I can't say I know a whole lot about old toys(I can however suggest checking completed listings on ebay as a good pricing guide), but I couldn't imagine it would be a very good idea to sell them at a yard sale. The yard sales around here are more about people giving away unwanted stuff... the price tends to be more of an afterthought. You'll probably get alot of weird/confused looks as you try to explain why toy X is a valuable collector's item etc and worth more than $1.

If this is more of a flea market type affair you might fare a bit better, but if not I think you might want to hold off on selling this stuff at a yard sale

[quote name='eastshore4']I can't say I know a whole lot about old toys(I can however suggest checking completed listings on ebay as a good pricing guide), but I couldn't imagine it would be a very good idea to sell them at a yard sale. The yard sales around here are more about people giving away unwanted stuff... the price tends to be more of an afterthought. You'll probably get alot of weird/confused looks as you try to explain why toy X is a valuable collector's item etc and worth more than $1.

If this is more of a flea market type affair you might fare a bit better, but if not I think you might want to hold off on selling this stuff at a yard sale[/QUOTE]

^^This.

If your really just looking at dumping it all though and wouldn't mind piss-poor yardsale prices, contact me first =P

i suggest u just sell on EBAY or amazon or here if u want decent $

honestly its a yardsale, people are gonna expect super bargains!

list them on craigslist too.

seriously u wont get SHIT for ur stuff on yardsales, theyll grab all them and go. $20 CIF Lulz

Last edited by a moderator:
If you price your stuff high people will run, at least in this area. Don't expect ebay prices for anything at your yard sale. Over here people go out with a pocketful of change so stay within the 25-50 cent range for whatever you possibly can. If you have anything of value and want the true value for it you will just have to take your items to ebay or maybe craigslist provided there are people in your area who actually want to buy the stuff (which is not the case here). People sell so many toys around here that most over 1$ don't even sell, so the most you are going to see for toys is 25-50 cents. If you advertise your sale as a collectors sale there goes half your business, as people will think, oh high prices and run. People want super bargains, and as stated above you are not going to be able to convince anyone that a toy is worth more than 1$.

I have seen sale after sale that has packaged action figures of various types and none are selling, seems that with the recession everyone wants to sell off their collections of collectibles in one shot at a yard sale....

I agreee with many of the above. In Garage sale people expect to find good deals and will most likely not want to pay full collector's value.

However, that being said, you probably want to do a bit of research to make sure you do not sell something EXTREMELY rare for a buck. Do some research online, see the link below for an Atari 7800 rarity guide, also you can check ebay, amazon, chasethechuckwagon, and other sites to get an idea of how much people are selling their stuff for.

i'd put whatever valuable action figures you have on ebay (if you can) or hold onto them for another method. Maybe craigslist, an auction or a swap meet of some sort.

As for the atari i'd look up all the games and see what the values are

VGPC.com is a good start

I agree with what everyone else has said. If you're expecting collectors' prices for stuff, you're just NOT going to get them with a yard sale. But if you do some research and post them on your TL on CAG, you may get at least a bit more.

However, some of the older toys(as I found out with my Transformers I still have from the 1980's)had variants, some of which are worth ALOT more than the more common ones.

So be careful and DO YOUR RESEARCH. That's all any of us can really tell you.

bread's done
Back