Need help rebuilding my PSX collection.

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (100%)
My fiancee had alot of medical bills when I meet her....then her car broke down. So to help I sold most of my 200+ game playstation collection(heh actually I sold them here at CAG) to help pay her bills. Now im starting to rebuy said games. Many are easy to remember since they were favorites(Suikoden, Final Fantasy, Ape Escape) or because they were stand out collection peices(again Suikoden, Valkyrie Profile etc). Many lesser known titles are easy to forget about....stuff such as Tomba, Adventure of Lomax and Robo Pit are MUCH harder to remember.

So im hoping you guys can recommend me the best games for the PSX that I need to add back to my collection. Obscure games are naturally the best....but still name the mainstreame stuff incase I forgot something(like the other day I remembered Parasite Eve).

PS2 obscure titles im happy to hear too since I sold some of those too and gamerankings.com can be a bitch to use for titles that got below a 7.0.

Most PS1 games just don't play well enough to warrant repurchasing.

In my opinion, here are some good games that aged quite well:

Breath of Fire IV
Chrono Cross
Crash Bandicoot 2
Final Fantasy IX
Lunar Eternal Blue
Rayman
Saga Frontier 2

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Are you only looking for rare stuff or anything needed to have a nice collection?[/QUOTE]

Doesnt have to be rare. Just nice collection peices. It started off that I just collected RPGs(and its still the main stuff I like)but it grew so now its not just RPGs but also great stuff like Ape Escape or Klonoa.

2 games I can think of that are missing from my collection but I cant think of the name are.

1. A game thats about a weird Japanese family and just a bunch of weird little mini games.

2. An RPG/Guncon shooter hybrid. This ones kinda rare and last I recall went for like $40. Name was Elemental something(runs to check gamefaqs now that he remembers elemental was the first word).

[quote name='MSI Magus']Doesnt have to be rare. Just nice collection peices. It started off that I just collected RPGs(and its still the main stuff I like)but it grew so now its not just RPGs but also great stuff like Ape Escape or Klonoa.

2 games I can think of that are missing from my collection but I cant think of the name are.

1. A game thats about a weird Japanese family and just a bunch of weird little mini games.

2. An RPG/Guncon shooter hybrid. This ones kinda rare and last I recall went for like $40. Name was Elemental something(runs to check gamefaqs now that he remembers elemental was the first word).[/QUOTE]

2. Is probably Elemental Gearbolt?

Some great games that shouldn't be too tough to find are: Hogs of War, and Project Overkill.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Doesnt have to be rare. Just nice collection peices. It started off that I just collected RPGs(and its still the main stuff I like)but it grew so now its not just RPGs but also great stuff like Ape Escape or Klonoa.

2. An RPG/Guncon shooter hybrid. This ones kinda rare and last I recall went for like $40. Name was Elemental something(runs to check gamefaqs now that he remembers elemental was the first word).[/QUOTE]

#1 is probably Incredible Crisis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incredible_Crisis

Maybe you should put a master list in the first post, so we know what you already know you want.

Tomb Raider 1, 2
Metal Gear Solid
Wild Arms 1 & 2
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Grandia
Lunar 1 & 2
Ape Escape
Parappa
Crash 1, 2, 3
Tomba 1, 2
Final Fantasy (all of them?)
Star Ocean 2nd Story
Klonoa

Brave Fencer Musashi
MGS
Gran Turismo 2
FF tactics
Castlevania Chronicles
DonPachi
Oddworld 1 and 2
Rtype Delta
Silhouette Mirage
Dino Crisis 1 and 2
Fear Effect 1 and 2
Dragon Quest 7
Alundra 1 and 2
Persona 1 and 2

[quote name='Dandeschain']Brave Fencer Musashi
MGS
Gran Turismo 2
FF tactics
Castlevania Chronicles
DonPachi
Oddworld 1 and 2
Rtype Delta
Silhouette Mirage
Dino Crisis 1 and 2
Fear Effect 1 and 2
Dragon Quest 7
Alundra 1 and 2
Persona 1 and 2[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Added Silhouette Mirage

Wild 9 was pretty solid, and quite overlooked.

Some of my faves...

N2O
Rogue Trip
Twisted Metal 2
Devil Dice
Irritating Stick (there really is nothing like this game...and that's both good and bad)

On the PS2

Bombastic

Here's my 360-count PSX collection, (and to think, just over a year ago all I had were Final Fantasy IX, DDR: Konamix, and Star Wars Demolition -- thanks CAG!) Anyway, I hope it helps.

Oh and don't forget Jo Jo's Bizzare Adventure and Tronne Bonne (

[quote name='Ronin317']Wild 9 was pretty solid, and quite overlooked.

Some of my faves...

N2O
Rogue Trip
Twisted Metal 2
Devil Dice
Irritating Stick (there really is nothing like this game...and that's both good and bad)

On the PS2

Bombastic[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I had forgotten irratating stick. If you havnt you should try Kuru Kuru Kurin for the GBA. I had never heard of N20.....what is it? It doesnt show up at gamefaqs.

To the second poster I LOVE Jojo and Tronne Bonne!

[quote name='willardhaven']Most PS1 games just don't play well enough to warrant repurchasing.

In my opinion, here are some good games that aged quite well:

Breath of Fire IV
Chrono Cross
Crash Bandicoot 2
Final Fantasy IX
Lunar Eternal Blue
Rayman
Saga Frontier 2[/QUOTE]

Listen to this man. However, nix Lunar and Rayman from the list and you've got a great start.

[quote name='Vinny']Tron Bonne was good? Really?

Damn, another game I need to get.[/QUOTE]

Tronne bonne was a fun game. If you played Mega Man Legends expect similar gameplay but mission based and with some fun mini games.

Moxio actually I already copied his whole list....hehe I own them all already cept Rayman and Saga 2 but both were on my list(90% of the games in the topic were, but iv gotten a few great ones out of this).

Know I had just responded but wanted to make a post thanking slim gatsby. I hadn't looked at his list till now and managed to snag a few games off it.

Don't do it man! You are going to ruin all your memories! That generation aged horribly (except for the 2d stuff)!

Here's a few I played which I think would be good for a collection. Albeit at least one(Treasures) did NOT age all that well.

Treasures Of The Deep-treasure hunting game where you play as a shipwreck diver looking for sunken treasures.

Wild 9-you use a Ghostbusters type rig to throw your enemies into grinders and all sorts of other obstacles, very fun

Rising Zan-a unique game for it's time, it combined gunplay with swordplay ala Devil May Cry. I'm still trying to locate a copy of it for myself.

Roscoe McQueen: Firefighter Extreme-self explanatory but still VERY fun

I played MANY more games during the PS1 era, but those are just SOME of the ones I've enjoyed.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I had never heard of N20.....what is it? It doesnt show up at gamefaqs.[/quote]

N2O is a tunnel shooter that's part tempest, part descent. But on Acid. With a soundtrack by the Crystal Method. It's pretty damn cool...it's even aged well, IMO.

bread's done
Back