Need Help Regarding a Live Gold Account I Purchased on Ebay

rowan555

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
I bought a 360 on ebay a few months ago and it had 8 months left on a Live Gold account. I spent the $10 or so to change the gamertag, but the account is still linked to the original owner's email address. I can't change the email, physical address, or anything else because I can't log onto his account online. The seller will not reply to my emails for assistance with this. If I call XBox is there any way they would help me, or am I out of luck without the password on the account?

I don't know but I think you should call MS and find out. You are probably SOL though because what would stop anyone from calling up and messing with someone else's account?

[quote name='javeryh']I don't know but I think you should call MS and find out. You are probably SOL though because what would stop anyone from calling up and messing with someone else's account?[/QUOTE]

I know - this sucks. I should have just bought my own new account and saved myself the hassle. I'm going to email the seller one more time and see if he will help me, and I will also email someone at XBox to see if there is ANY way around this. I'm sure I'm not the first person who's been in this situation.

Xbox support won't help you, since you'd need the last 4 digits of the CC # to make any significant changes to the account. I'm sure the seller didn't provide that information to you.

Good luck with it, though I think you're fucked.

You could always just leave it like it is and continue using his account as long as it works. Maybe you'll get lucky and he won't call and cancel and when the subscription runs out in several months it will automatically renew your sub for you IF all his CC info is still current...... You've done your part to try to make things good, now just hush and see how stupid he is. :lol:

The guy used a credit card for his XBL account and not just a 12 month card?

Are you not able to play online at all, or is it something else that you're not able to do that would make this matter?

EDIT- ImmortalfWd, he bought the whole system including the Live account off ebay.

[quote name='sj41']The guy used a credit card for his XBL account and not just a 12 month card?

Are you not able to play online at all, or is it something else that you're not able to do that would make this matter?

EDIT- ImmortalfWd, he bought the whole system including the Live account off ebay.[/quote]
Even when you sign up for XBL via a 12-month (or 3-month) sub card, it needs a CC to back it up, partly to make sure it'll renew when the sub runs out and also for account protection.

[quote name='shrike4242']Even when you sign up for XBL via a 12-month (or 3-month) sub card, it needs a CC to back it up, partly to make sure it'll renew when the sub runs out and also for account protection.[/quote]That's for the original Xbox. On the 360, no credit card is required (as far as I know).

[quote name='sj41']That's for the original Xbox. On the 360, no credit card is required (as far as I know).[/quote]

I never had to put a CC in when I used my 12 month card on the 360.

[quote name='$hady']You could always just leave it like it is and continue using his account as long as it works. Maybe you'll get lucky and he won't call and cancel and when the subscription runs out in several months it will automatically renew your sub for you IF all his CC info is still current...... You've done your part to try to make things good, now just hush and see how stupid he is. :lol:[/QUOTE]

you could also buy marketplace points!

[quote name='Wez455']you could also buy marketplace points![/QUOTE]

yes exactly, go buy like 5 sets of those $65 things of marketplace points, and all the themes and gamerpics on the marketplace, :evil:muahahahaha

bread's done
Back