Need help regarding ebay

andyizCheap

CAG Veteran
Hello guys. First thread I have made. Anyways basically in april 14th I bought Far Cry 3 for Xbox 360 on Ebay. Well I actually paid for it on the 17th cause I had to buy a prepaid card to pay for it (since I dont have a credit card). Well the problem is that the guy said that the next day (april 18) he would ship the game. The estimated delivery was from saturday april 20 to wednesday april 24. Well my mom went to the mail a couple times and I went yesterday and it never came. I opened a case a couple days ago and checked yesterday (after I came back from the mail) to see what further action I could take, but it said that they were waiting for response from the seller and that he had until May 1st (wednesday) to respond.

Well the questions I have are:
1) Do you guys think that If he doesnt respond I could get my money back?
2) Also I really want FC3 so im thinking on going tomorrow and buying it from gamestop (its on sale this week - until tuesday?) since its 30 dollars, but what if the game actually comes later?

Sorry for my bad english, im not a native speaker of it. Thanks for any help you can give me

I feel you may have been a little preemptive in opening a case, but:

1) If he doesn't respond, you will get your money back.
2) Sell or trade in the second copy. Or buy it on sale, hold onto it until the issue is resolved, and then open or return it accordingly.

[quote name='andyizCheap']thanks! but does gamestop accept returns for new games? (sorry i dont remember since i never buy new games from them)[/QUOTE]

They'll accept returns of unopened new items for 30 days.

Ahhh ok thanks man. I think I will buy it then and hold onto it at least till wednesday and see where that goes. Too bad gamestop doesnt offer bonuses for trade ins towards new games :(

I agree that you opened a case too fast. While it may look like he might not have sent it, you should contact the seller first. You open a case when the deadline is missed by a few days and your seller isn't responding.

I think that he may have gone with media mail and he dropped it in a collection box after collection time. Media mail for video games is illegal, but many sellers still do it.

You can buy a Pre-Owned Far Cry 3 from Gamestop and return it for a full refund within a week.

bread's done
Back