Need help setting up programs for a business

erika1209

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Hi :)

So i work for a doctor in a small office and everything was done with typewriters and files. I finally got my boss to buy a computer but he doesn't want to spend money on any programs for it. I don't know a lot about computers and I don't know what to do.I would like to know if anyone knows how i can do some things on the computer or where i can find more information on this.

To start with, I'd like to keep our clients accounts on the computer, i was thinking something like excel? It's just to keep track of charges, payments, and their balances.

He also bought a digital camera so we can take pictures of the clients I don't know if maybe i can make a file for each client and maybe attach a photo?

And also, payroll. Maybe so i can compute payroll for us, it's about 5 employees and maybe even print their checks out?

Thanks in advance for your help, if it matters i work for a doctor and we have about 1,000 patients and see about 30-50 patients a day.

[quote name='joey12169']Hi :)

So i work for a doctor in a small office and everything was done with typewriters and files. I finally got my boss to buy a computer but he doesn't want to spend money on any programs for it. I don't know a lot about computers and I don't know what to do.I would like to know if anyone knows how i can do some things on the computer or where i can find more information on this.

To start with, I'd like to keep our clients accounts on the computer, i was thinking something like excel? It's just to keep track of charges, payments, and their balances.

He also bought a digital camera so we can take pictures of the clients I don't know if maybe i can make a file for each client and maybe attach a photo?

And also, payroll. Maybe so i can compute payroll for us, it's about 5 employees and maybe even print their checks out?

Thanks in advance for your help, if it matters i work for a doctor and we have about 1,000 patients and see about 30-50 patients a day.[/QUOTE]

What kind of software budget do you have?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']What kind of software budget do you have?[/QUOTE]

From the OP, that would be $0. What I wanna know is WTF kinda doctor just got a pc. It's 2005 man. I wanna see his license and make sure his college roommate wasn't Nick Riveria.

Back on topic, I wouldn't use excel as that will get rather unwieldy fairly quickly. There has to be some specialized software better suited to your needs. No way it'll be free though.

Well he's not willing to buy any programs but he's always been very nice to me and i want to help him with this so i might be willing to put some money down but i don't think i would go over $100.00.

bread's done
Back