Need help upgrading my computer to play the latest games.

Edge of Heart

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I have been looking to start playing games on the pc for awhile but I always found it daunting upgrading the parts. My computer’s specs are:

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
2.67 gigahertz Intel Core i7 920
4088 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

I’m assuming that my graphics card is weak and is in need of upgrading. If so, what is a decent card for $130 or less.

Thanks.

I have the Radeon HD 5770 (sapphire tech) and have been very happy with the performance.

THIS 5770 is only $110 after mail in remate and coupon code : EMCZYYV45

your ram looks good enough to run all games, and also your CPU is definitely powerful enough.

hope that answer helps.

CPU is definitely good enough. I'm using an i5-760 w/ this graphics card. I've only tried playing Starcraft 2 and I was able to run that smoothly at Ultra Settings.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I have the Radeon HD 5770 (sapphire tech) and have been very happy with the performance.

your ram looks good enough to run all games, and also your CPU is definitely powerful enough.

hope that answer helps.[/QUOTE]

This. Though if you had some extra cash to spend I would go for the 460 if a decent deal comes up.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I have the Radeon HD 5770 (sapphire tech) and have been very happy with the performance.

hope that answer helps.[/QUOTE]

I concur. I am also running a 5770 and it does great for the money. Make sure you get the latest drivers though. It can now be done through Steam!

What resolution do you play at? What games do you play? What are you wanting the extra power for?

[quote name='Narynan']What resolution do you play at? What games do you play? What are you wanting the extra power for?[/QUOTE]

This is a very important consideration.

Anyways, everything in your rig seems to be up to par, save for that Vid Card, and it looks like you have enough overhead to actually get away with a dual vid card setup (granting available power). Ever consider a dual Ati 5770?

bread's done
Back