Need help with a TV...

karsh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Okay, I'm looking at getting a new tv. I've tried asking this before and I didn't get much response. Basically, I'm someone who doesn't know a whole lot about HDTV's and such, so I don't know if this set I'm looking at is worth the money. First off, here's the TV:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat31800050031&id=1099396991028

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/...eUser=&prod_id=TXR2678WHX/XAA&selTab=Features

I've seen the TV in person at Best Buy, and the picture looked amazing to me. But like I said, I don't really know enough to know how good it is.

As far as a deal, I can get it for 10% off at Best Buy, so it'll be about 620 dollars after tax. So what do you guys think?

It's actually a very nice TV with a very nice picture. It's the only budget HDTV I would ever consider. Just make sure you calibrate it correctly, since Samsungs are anything but well calibrated for videogames.

You will need a calibration disk, and the code to get into the menu. It should be the same as mine:

1. Turn off the TV
2. Press Very Quickly: Mute, 1, 8, 2
3. Turn on the TV immediately

Thats a lot of money for only a 26 inch HDTV... Its a quality TV though. You might want to shop around a little bit more, you might be able to do better.

Indeed it is a lot of money... and the picture is nice.

But if you can do way better if you wait a few years when all broadcast are required to be in HD by law. After that takes place, there won't be anything but HDTVs and prices will be much lower.

But if you want one now, your best bet is to walk into a BB or CC and see which one you like the most. Two things you should consider what kind of inputs the TV has (you'll want at least two component) and what resolutions it supports- try to get 720p or 1080i (that Samsung has both), 1080p would kick ass but those TVs are uncommon and pricy as all hell.

Personally, if the money is burning in your pocket, the Samsung is a great buy.

its a sweet tv but I dunno see the need as much right now for a HD tv, if u were planin to buy one u should go all out or get a decent flat screen 27inch and wait till cheaper prices and better quality. Also HD will be more usable in the future.

bread's done
Back