Need help with Dark Souls Collector's Edition

I don't quite understand Futureshop's sale... you get 10$ off the regular edition dark souls which gets a free update to CE. BUT if you buy the CE you do NOT get the 10$ off.... watch out.

I wouldn't think it would be a problem. The CE should be all they're printing at this point. All preordered copies from every retailer are supposed to get it.

Now then, if FS doesn't ship you the game on the release date, then you have reason to be worried...

Future Shop's pulled this "free upgrade" stunt with Deus Ex last month and did not honor the upgrade to Augmented Edition come release day. We'll see if they'll honor this one, cuz like the a couple of posts above says, you get $10 off the regular edition which gets free upgrade to CE, but ordering the CE directly does not give you the $10 off.

[quote name='gill2k']Future Shop's pulled this "free upgrade" stunt with Deus Ex last month and did not honor the upgrade to Augmented Edition come release day. We'll see if they'll honor this one, cuz like the a couple of posts above says, you get $10 off the regular edition which gets free upgrade to CE, but ordering the CE directly does not give you the $10 off.[/QUOTE]

that was a different scenario. At this point, ALL copies of Dark Souls are "collector edition"...until the standard resotck (takes about 1 or 2 months for new prints)

How many copies of Dark Souls will they be printing though? The first printing could already be spoken for and these preorders could just be for the next one. If demand is high enough, Atlus might be getting ready for a second edition, but they may not be making these ones collector's editions.

Namco Bandai should have printed enough collectors edition for retailers, for its initial release. The odd thing is that on the game offical pre order website doesn't list Best Buy Canada as place you can get the collectors.

^Future Shop also has two SKU's for this. When you complete the order for the regular edition, it doesn't say on your invoice "Collector's Edition" nor the SKU for the CE to indicate it is upgraded.

I hate haggling over Future Shop over things as most of the time, they don't even know their own promos / rules / policies.

I thought the guide was just a download...I ordered too, don't care about art books or soundtracks...i got a pile of soundtracks that have never been opened - they worth anything significant?

I pre-ordered my copy at Gamestop last week. The guy is telling me now that mine is a regular edition. Their website still lists it as a free upgrade too.

Hmmm, yeah I ordered this last night through FS, but my receipt doesn't say anything about an upgrade to the CE anywhere. Think I may just cancel this and stick with my full-price Amazon.ca order.

[quote name='Jucifer']Hmmm, yeah I ordered this last night through FS, but my receipt doesn't say anything about an upgrade to the CE anywhere. Think I may just cancel this and stick with my full-price Amazon.ca order.[/QUOTE]

Same here, considered cancelling my amazon.ca order to get it 8 bucks cheaper (was $58 when I ordered on amazon), but I figured it wouldn't be worth the risk of not getting the Collector's Edition!

When I pre-ordered my copy at Gamestop, the women told me I would get the CE. Now, I'm being told it's a reg edition. I don't really have the extra cash on me atm to pre-order somewhere else.

I pre-ordered online through Best Buy a few weeks ago when it still said "Free Upgrade to CE." Now the website has removed the upgrade part and has the CE listed separately and with "sold out" status. I'm getting worried that I'll get the regular edition because none of the email confirmations say anything about the CE (I don't have a receipt yet because my credit card hasn't been charged.)

Although I'm very excited for this game, I don't know if I'm willing to pay full price for the regular edition. I'm going to be very disappointed if they send me the regular edition...gonna be a tough call on whether or not I return it.

I ordered Dark Souls during the E3 promotion at Best Buy and I just checked my order and it's changed to say Dark Souls Collector's Edition.

So it looks like Best Buy will honor orders made during E3 promotion.

Yay!

[quote name='Mikass']I ordered Dark Souls during the E3 promotion at Best Buy and I just checked my order and it's changed to say Dark Souls Collector's Edition.

So it looks like Best Buy will honor orders made during E3 promotion.

Yay![/QUOTE]

Just checked mine, and got the same result!

Yay! indeed :)

I looked at the CE bonuses and decided I will wait to see from reviews if PS3 or 360 is way to go and take my chances that one might still be available.

[quote name='bigdale']I looked at the CE bonuses and decided I will wait to see from reviews if PS3 or 360 is way to go and take my chances that one might still be available.[/QUOTE]

I just spent the last day watching IGN live stream Dark Souls for 24 hours straight. According to them, both versions have minor slowdown problems (only in specific areas), with the slowdown being slightly worse on the 360.

So looks like PS3 would be the way to go.

I just check my orders as well for both FS and BB. They both are collectors edition now. I guess I should cancel one of them and my amazon order.

[quote name='djsaiyan']I just spent the last day watching IGN live stream Dark Souls for 24 hours straight. According to them, both versions have minor slowdown problems (only in specific areas), with the slowdown being slightly worse on the 360.

So looks like PS3 would be the way to go.[/QUOTE]

If they are that similar I usually go 360 for the controller, as I have big hands and the PS3 control makes me claw up pretty tight. Thanks for the advice though.

[quote name='gill2k']Future Shop finally gets it right! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Now if only other retailers follow suit

[quote name='Faytz']Now if only other retailers follow suit [/QUOTE]

Amazon had it except I believe they ran out just like BestBuy.

[quote name='Myv']Amazon had it except I believe they ran out just like BestBuy.[/QUOTE]

No I was actually talking about atelier totori (bestbuy and futureshop never hda it). As soon as they got it on their site I ordered, what i got now that it's release is a letter saying they don't have it, they are trying to get it in, and I can cancel at anytime... Last time I received this, they just cancel my order a week later saying they won't be able to obtain the game at all etc.

>_>;; I"m just going to directly order from the source. Nisamerica.

[quote name='Faytz']No I was actually talking about atelier totori (bestbuy and futureshop never hda it). As soon as they got it on their site I ordered, what i got now that it's release is a letter saying they don't have it, they are trying to get it in, and I can cancel at anytime... Last time I received this, they just cancel my order a week later saying they won't be able to obtain the game at all etc.

>_>;; I"m just going to directly order from the source. Nisamerica.[/QUOTE]

Oohhh I see :( good luck with that !

[quote name='Faytz']No I was actually talking about atelier totori (bestbuy and futureshop never hda it). As soon as they got it on their site I ordered, what i got now that it's release is a letter saying they don't have it, they are trying to get it in, and I can cancel at anytime... Last time I received this, they just cancel my order a week later saying they won't be able to obtain the game at all etc.

>_>;; I"m just going to directly order from the source. Nisamerica.[/QUOTE]

That's not actually amazon.ca's fault. I ordered it off NISA and I'm still waiting on it too. What happened was that they had a manufacturer miscommunication and it turns out their shipments left the manufacturer to NISA's warehouse late and that they'd start shipping out on the 29th. Given that it takes time for things to travel across America to Canada, give amazon time. It's only just a day or so ago since people who ordered at NISA even got theirs (Americans I mean, I'm still waiting). So yea, this time it's not amazon's fault (I have the e-mail if you want to see it later).

If it makes any consolation, I don't think retailers in America got it on time either since people on the NISA forums were updating about it.

I would agree with ordering at NISA though just for the bonus like the bonus picture :drools:

[quote name='bigdale']If they are that similar I usually go 360 for the controller, as I have big hands and the PS3 control makes me claw up pretty tight. Thanks for the advice though.[/QUOTE]

No problemo. That's totally fair.

Apparently even with the slowdown and stuff it's only the tiniest bit detrimental to your gameplay experience, so you're good either way.

Is it Tuesday yet?

[quote name='djsaiyan']No problemo. That's totally fair.

Apparently even with the slowdown and stuff it's only the tiniest bit detrimental to your gameplay experience, so you're good either way.

Is it Tuesday yet?[/QUOTE]

Yeah been a few months since I was waiting for a day and date game. A watched pot never boils...

lol its monday! thanks for update YAY ce! for all! sweeet! i hope OP listened if he really wanted ce AND SAVE 10 bux its the CAG way :D unless when he preorder at bestbuy its 49.99 too
side note: i guess cancel at FS then vs bestbuy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I put my pre-order in for Dark Souls for the PS3 CE at FS about a week ago and it still says CE. It was awesome that this CE was the same price as the regular edition, however I have come to the conclusion that if they send me the regular edition I will not make a big deal out of it becuase I just really want to play the game at this point. If I really wanted the CE I should of done it earlier.
CE's have lost their appeal to me over the years as most take up too much space and don't have much I'm interested in, except for in-game content which usually isn't a big deal. I do like metal cases though;)

[quote name='Spino']That's not actually amazon.ca's fault. I ordered it off NISA and I'm still waiting on it too. What happened was that they had a manufacturer miscommunication and it turns out their shipments left the manufacturer to NISA's warehouse late and that they'd start shipping out on the 29th. Given that it takes time for things to travel across America to Canada, give amazon time. It's only just a day or so ago since people who ordered at NISA even got theirs (Americans I mean, I'm still waiting). So yea, this time it's not amazon's fault (I have the e-mail if you want to see it later).

If it makes any consolation, I don't think retailers in America got it on time either since people on the NISA forums were updating about it.

I would agree with ordering at NISA though just for the bonus like the bonus picture :drools:[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks for the update. See if they stated something like that in their email and guarenteed I'll get the item it's a different story, but since I've been burn by them before I really don't have much faith in them at this point. Anyway burning at the site like you said will give me the poster, and since I want two (one to play and one to burn) the total after the crazy shipping costs is like 14 dollars more expense then buying it at amazon, I have a $10 coupon from the christmas sale so I"m using that making it only 4 dollars more expensive.... If i don't get hit by custom (fingers crossed).... well I'll see, but ya much more confident with Nisamerica's customer service as to Amazon.ca's so whatever. Got to pay a price to have good service I guess.

I was under the impression all first run copies of the game were going to be the CE, ala Dante's Inferno, Medal of Honor, etc, and that a regular edition wouldn't even be produced until after the initial run had shipped.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong here.

[quote name='MikeFightNight']Well I put my pre-order in for Dark Souls for the PS3 CE at FS about a week ago and it still says CE. It was awesome that this CE was the same price as the regular edition, however I have come to the conclusion that if they send me the regular edition I will not make a big deal out of it becuase I just really want to play the game at this point. If I really wanted the CE I should of done it earlier.
CE's have lost their appeal to me over the years as most take up too much space and don't have much I'm interested in, except for in-game content which usually isn't a big deal. I do like metal cases though;)[/QUOTE]
not even if its the same price as the normal? you dont want CE??? anyone has their game shipped yeeet? lol im starting to regret canceling FS to just be sure i get itttt haha

[quote name='djsaiyan']I was under the impression all first run copies of the game were going to be the CE, ala Dante's Inferno, Medal of Honor, etc, and that a regular edition wouldn't even be produced until after the initial run had shipped.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong here.[/QUOTE]
true... but this isnt ea like bfbc2 where every copy basically is called Limited edition haha darksouls actually has stuff with it not just the normal with the label limited edition

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']not even if its the same price as the normal? you dont want CE??? anyone has their game shipped yeeet? lol im starting to regret canceling FS to just be sure i get itttt haha

If it's the same price yeah I won't turn down a CE, but in this case if I get shipped the regular edition I won't make a big fuss about it, I just wanna play the game at this point. However I did also pre-order RAGE for the PC from FS about a week and a half ago and just saw in my e-mail that my order for RAGE was shipped today...nothing about my Dark Souls order though:whistle2:#

Has anyone else who ordered from FS gotten an e-mail that Dark Souls has shipped yet?

Haven't gotten my shipping email yet for Dark Souls collectors edition (XBox 360) yet from BestBuy.
It's a bit odd as normally I get an email mid to late afternoon when they ship.
I ordered during the E3 sale so months ago.
Future did email me that they shipped Rage (XBox 360) for me this afternoon so I'm starting to think there might a delay on Dark Souls. Possibly they haven't gotten it early, and will have in stock tomorrow to ship, which does happen with some games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have received a confirmation this afternoon from futureshop that it's being shipped. It doesn't mention the collector's edition though... I hope them won't screw up.

[quote name='kheoth']I have received a confirmation this afternoon from futureshop that it's being shipped. It doesn't mention the collector's edition though... I hope them won't screw up.[/QUOTE]
yeah thats odd! my order i cancelled at FS showed collectors edition but it should be fine if what people say are true you can only get collectors right now... my bestbuy order hasnt shipped either

bread's done
Back