Need help with details of a previous (Jan '11) XBL gold-upgrade dashboard promotion

TallGuyMe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
433 (100%)
I am curious if anyone here capitalized on the Xbox 360 dashboard offer a few months ago (mid-to-end of January) to upgrade from xbl silver to gold for 33% off the regular
$59.99 price + 2 free xbl games whose codes were supposed to get emailed to you in 6-8 weeks. Well, it's been longer than that, and I haven't received anything... so I spoke to an xbl rep (actually a supervisor) who, after 20 mins of being on hold, states that the only promotion going on at that time was for 33% off and 2 free games but for residents of Canada or Mexico only, and that me, being in the US of A was not eligible... yet the did charge me the reduced price of the xbl gold membership at the time.

I don't recall anything at all about it saying Canada or Mexico only eligible to get the games... and I feel this is totally a bait and switch on XBL's part

I don't even remember what the two free games were supposed to be, it's been so long...

So, does anyone have anything official on this past promotion? I'd love to be able to call them back with some more details of this...

this really, really, really, urks me.

thanks

bread's done
Back