Need help with History essay!

MrWazeleski

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Ok so my final for History is on Monday, and im going to fail the class if I don't do well on it. It's an essay on the US Constitution for my 10th grade American History Honors class. So if anyone out there is willing to help me out a little on this, I'll be very grateful.
So here it is - What is it that makes the Constitution such a vital part of our History and our political system?

Please, I know someone on these boards can help me with this thesis statement, thanks in advance.

You should start by reading the federalist papers. You can probably go into any book store and pick them up for less than ten. If you buy it today you can either probably finish the whole thing by Saturday or just read particular sections. Then on Sunday write your paper and you'll be done.

To give you a short interpretation, the Constitution is a balancing act of powers since the fouding fathers recognized that no institution or individual is incorruptable. That many groups have interestes not necessarily in line with the common or greater good. Hence why the original confederacy was failing due to the conflicting of the individual states.

So the constitution is defined to disperse power among the different entities of goverment so that everyone has a say. Both between the states and union as a whole (the federal goverment). Between large and small states through the hosue and the senate. One overlooked regard to the house and the senate was that it is intended to reflect the differences between the masses and the political elite. Hence one being based on population/popular election and another being originally selected by the state legislature. Then within the federal branch between the judicial, executive, and legislative branches. The Constitution, with its bill of rights, even examines the balance of freedoms between the individual citizen and the goverment of the people.

Do not make this a research paper. You don't want to give the teacher the history of the constitution or what is written in the consitution. Listing the amendments is not the answer to the question. The question is very broad. I would offer a brief historical significance of the document, and then explain how the constitution, although written in 1787, it is still the basis of all laws in the United States. This document makes americans free.

[quote name='nevposey'] This document makes americans free.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was the Declaration of Independence that made us free.

[quote name='BigB']I thought it was the Declaration of Independence that made us free.[/QUOTE]

The Revolution made us free, the Declaration stated our desire for freedom, and the Constitution is the basis of maintaining our freedom.

Fond memories of U.S. History class ... how can you be failing? I remember those being the easiest classes back in college.

remember the most important ammendments. Thou shalt not steal and Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours wife.

[quote name='opportunity777']The Revolution made us free, the Declaration stated our desire for freedom, and the Constitution is the basis of maintaining our freedom.

Fond memories of U.S. History class ... how can you be failing? I remember those being the easiest classes back in college.[/QUOTE]

Same here, except.. not college. Having a good teacher helps. I would do what Ackbar said- Read the federalist papers. We're on the 80's in my 11th grade history class, and I don't recall much about the 1700's at the moment.

Because whenever radicals want to whine and they've run out of bible quotes they've got something to fall back on.

[quote name='2poor']remember the most important ammendments. Thou shalt not steal and Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours wife.[/QUOTE]

Can I still work on Sundays, or is that forbidden on page 5,437 of the Patriot Act?

the patriot act clearly states sunday as the day of the sabbath. you can work if you want, but you'd just being working yourself into hell.

[quote name='opportunity777']The Revolution made us free, the Declaration stated our desire for freedom, and the Constitution is the basis of maintaining our freedom.

Fond memories of U.S. History class ... how can you be failing? I remember those being the easiest classes back in college.[/QUOTE]
I thought it was the Bill of Rights that protect our freedoms.

[quote name='MrWazeleski']Ok so my final for History is on Monday, and im going to fail the class if I don't do well on it. It's an essay on the US Constitution for my 10th grade American History Honors class. So if anyone out there is willing to help me out a little on this, I'll be very grateful.
So here it is - What is it that makes the Constitution such a vital part of our History and our political system?

Please, I know someone on these boards can help me with this thesis statement, thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

No one will help you here......Not even if you scream......

bread's done
Back