Need Help with Shipping Games

DAWG26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I sold some games online and Im trying to print up shipping labels. When it asks you how much does the package weigh Im not sure what to put. Anyone have some experience on this? They are GameCube and Xbox 360 games and they are shipping out individually.

Also about how much does a wireless 360 contoller weigh?

You have to put how much the package weighs. Try going to the post office, they usually have a scale you can use there. If you tell me what the games are, I can check on my scale tomorrow, but it's not here. Each game has a different weight basically depending on how big the manual is.

Thanks for the help. I was hopeing that most all games had a ususal weight. Something like 14 oz.

So people that print their labels online usually have a scale?

most games are much lighter than 14 oz. for example i just shipped a new sealed copy of the simpsons to my friend back in baltimore and it was under 5. and fable 2 collectors edition was like 7.5 oz i believe most games are light. but stuff like oblivion goty might be pretty heavy
and yes people who print labels online useually have a scale, i just go to the post office myself, i was going to get a scale but i dont use ebay hardly ever and trading on here hasnt been going very fast so i see no reason to buy one.

Yeah I normally take them to the PO too. I was just trying to save time and money (delivery confirmation is only 18 cents online).

you can just estimate the weight as the post office is not going weight everything piece of mail. Unless you put like 1 oz when it is clearly not you will be okay if you are off by a bit.

Xbox 360 cases w/manual= 4-6ounces, discs= .7ounces
GameCube cases w/manuals= 5-7ounces, discs= .4 ounces

Packaging weighs a few ounces depending on how much bubblewrap and how thick the cardboard is. Generally though the packaging weighs less than an ounce for 2 12"x12" pieces of bublewrap and about 3 ounces for a cardboard box.

If you are using FedEx or UPS just estimate and they will correct it and charge you the appropriate amount. If you really want to you can go to the post office and weigh it their but its easier to estimate.

If you ship media mail, just put 9oz. the weight under 13oz is all the same via media mail so when I ship in bubble mailers I just put 9, actual is around 7ish. This should work for first class too but I'm not sure.

I just recently shipped out a ton of 360 games. Brand New Sealed game with everything inside it etc along with the bubble mailer came out to be a little under 8 oz. That should give you an idea for the gamecube one. If you wanna be safe, 9 oz all of them if you are sending them through First Class Mail in a bubble envelope. If you are shipping them out media mail or parcel it should stay under a lb depending on the box you use, so it depends. gl

2 out of the 3 games I took to the post office. The last one I printed out a label based on the info I got here. Thanks everyone.

Now I have a new question. These things I sold on Ebay. One of my items has not been payed for by the customer. It has been 24 hours and I stated in my auction that payment must be made in that time frame.

Can I go ahead and offer it to next bidder in line? And if I do, should I report the winning bidder as a NO PAY? Will he in turn give me negative feedback?

You cant file a Non paying bidder until a week has passed. You can only get selling fees back earlier if you and the buyer agree to not complete the sale and you file that with ebay. The buyer has to agree to it. But the buyer can leave you a neg and you cant do the same. Damn ebay and their new rules.

[quote name='DAWG26']So should I wait a week to try and sell again? Or sell now and forget about fileing for a non paying bidder?[/quote]

Yes, you need to wait the 7 days before you file anything or try to relist. It doesn't matter if you put payment must be received within 24 hours in your listing. eBay's rules dictate the buyer has 7 days. Be a little more patient than that.

well ebay does say that the buyer has 7 days to pay, but of course you can go by what you state in the auction. 24 hours to pay is kinda short as some people dont go on the computer every single day or have emergencies or whatever. I allow 7 days to pay, but most my buyers pay within a day. I know you want the money right away, but what if you sell that item again and then the original buyer pays you. You would have to refund him and take a chance with a neg. Your call.

[quote name='s2k']I never understood why people bid if they are not ready to pay right away.[/quote]

i did it with aqua teen hunger force vol. 6, got it for 13 bucks shipped new, i bid and didnt pay right away because i was waiting for my check to clear first. there are many reasons to bid and not be ready to pay.

[quote name='s2k']I mean like 5 days though? 1-2 days is cool but more than 5 is pushing it[/QUOTE]

I like to pay for everything at one time so if there are multiple auctions I'm bidding on and they end within a couple of days of each other, I wait until the last one ends and pay everyone all at once.

OP, you should put on the option for "immediate payment" if it is a BuyItNow item so it forces them to pay after the listing ends. I don't think you have that option for tradition auction style listings though.

bread's done
Back