Need help with terrible buyer

I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I was going to wrote a long thing about what exactly had happened but I'm so tired of dealing with him I'm just going to ask the questions I need answers to:

1. As a seller, am I able to open a dispute against a difficult buyer?
2. The buyer had tried opening a dispute with me saying he never received the item. And Ebay said it was too early to do it. (I shipped it first class on thursday and there is no way it could of came yet. He was mad there wasn't a tracking number and claimed I never told me if it had shipped when I had marked it as shippped when I shipped it.) Should I ask him to open another so I can discuss this with Ebay and not him if a seller can't do it?
3. How do I respond to a negative feedback? (I had left him positive feedback when he bought it saying fast payment, is there a way to reverse this as well?)

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']I was going to wrote a long thing about what exactly had happened but I'm so tired of dealing with him I'm just going to ask the questions I need answers to:

1. As a seller, am I able to open a dispute against a difficult buyer?
2. The buyer had tried opening a dispute with me saying he never received the item. And Ebay said it was too early to do it. (I shipped it first class on thursday and there is no way it could of came yet. He was mad there wasn't a tracking number and claimed I never told me if it had shipped when I had marked it as shippped when I shipped it.) Should I ask him to open another so I can discuss this with Ebay and not him if a seller can't do it?
3. How do I respond to a negative feedback? (I had left him positive feedback when he bought it saying fast payment, is there a way to reverse this as well?)[/QUOTE]

The only way to get a feedback to get removed is if he contact someone directly from eBay and they can actually get feedbacks voided, however from your description it seems that you did not pay for a tracking number, which in this case he can most definitely claim he never received it since you have no proof. Paypal will ask for proof such as a DC# or a signature confirmation, and if either can be proven, it gets real difficult from there on. The only other proof may be a receipt from the post office you shipped it from if you paid there, but eBay/Paypal normally don't accept those as proof.

And as a seller unfortunately the only thing you can do is not leave feedback for them.

As much as you want to leave immediate feedback for fast payment, it is still your discretion to not have to leave feedback for them until it has arrived to them. It's better to leave the right feedback than leaving it blindly and then get retaliated on. But eBay can most certainly remove incorrect feedback as long as you can prove your case, but with the lack of tracking info it will be a hard one to make.

[quote name='Squarehard']The only way to get a feedback to get removed is if he contact someone directly from eBay and they can actually get feedbacks voided, however from your description it seems that you did not pay for a tracking number, which in this case he can most definitely claim he never received it since you have no proof. Paypal will ask for proof such as a DC# or a signature confirmation, and if either can be proven, it gets real difficult from there on. The only other proof may be a receipt from the post office you shipped it from if you paid there, but eBay/Paypal normally don't accept those as proof.

And as a seller unfortunately the only thing you can do is not leave feedback for them.

As much as you want to leave immediate feedback for fast payment, it is still your discretion to not have to leave feedback for them until it has arrived to them. It's better to leave the right feedback than leaving it blindly and then get retaliated on. But eBay can most certainly remove incorrect feedback as long as you can prove your case, but with the lack of tracking info it will be a hard one to make.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had already left feedback so I guess that can't be removed. I do have a receipt from shipping so we'll see what happens. How do I respond to his negative feedback though?

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']Yeah I had already left feedback so I guess that can't be removed. I do have a receipt from shipping so we'll see what happens. How do I respond to his negative feedback though?[/QUOTE]

When you go to look at your feedback, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and on the bottom left side there should be a question,

"What would you like to do next?"

It should be right under there.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']Ok thanks a lot. I guess it will be ok to have a one negative with a comment explaining why I got it due to a jerk buyer, since I have otherwise good ones.[/QUOTE]

Well you can get it removed easily if you had all the proof and what not as far as delivery confirmation, but it doesn't seem like it'll apply here.

I had a person leave me a negative before because the guy said he never got the package.

I provided Paypal with the DC# in the dispute and they ruled in my favor and also removed the "malicious feedback".

Unfortunately ever since they taken away seller's ability to leave negative feedback, buyers tend to leave negative feedback at a drop of a hat nowadays, so just be weary, and also don't leave feedback unless you're sure it will be returned.

Ebay also changed the rules on negative feedback a loong time ago so your feedback wont look too bad for long. I believe it is after a year that it will disappear and have your 100% rating back. Since it takes (total feedback - negative within the year) / (total Feedback).

Doesn't answer the question you asked... but may help when considering your reputation will not be ruined forever.

[quote name='Steggy']Ebay also changed the rules on negative feedback a loong time ago so your feedback wont look too bad for long. I believe it is after a year that it will disappear and have your 100% rating back. Since it takes (total feedback - negative within the year) / (total Feedback).

Doesn't answer the question you asked... but may help when considering your reputation will not be ruined forever.[/QUOTE]

Well all feedback expires after 12 months actually, so not just negative feedback. Your status basically resets on a 12 months basis, so if you had a negative in the past, it will reset itself. That's why some sellers that haven't sold in awhile and has lot's of prior feedback sometimes has 0% since their status has long been reset. It's ebay's way of giving sellers with negatives in the past a "clean slate" to entice them to start selling again.

Oh wow that is good to hear. Thank you for letting me know. The worst that can happen now is he opens a dispute and tries to scam me and I'm out $45. I will try my best not to let it come to that though. Thanks for your help guys.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']Oh wow that is good to hear. Thank you for letting me know. The worst that can happen now is he opens a dispute and tries to scam me and I'm out $45. I will try my best not to let it come to that though. Thanks for your help guys.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think your biggest concern right now is the dispute portion.

Your best option right now actually is to contact a Paypal representative over the phone on Monday, since I think they are closed on weekends, and then let them know ahead of time that something suspicious might happen.

Talk to the representative, take down his name, that way when the time comes, you have the upper hand when he opens the dispute and you can provide them with the correct information needed to help prove your case.

Paypal disputes are better if you give initiative, especially if you see it coming.

The buyer doesn't seem to be one to try to scam people as he said "he's been on ebay for over 10 yrs blah blah blah". Even though it looks like he's trying to pull one over on me, I think he just expected me to magically ship it to him so it's instantly there. Hopefully he won't dispute when he gets the item. I mean he can't open a dispute for an item "not shipped fast enough" right? I will call Paypal however just to be safe.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']The buyer doesn't seem to be one to try to scam people as he said "he's been on ebay for over 10 yrs blah blah blah". Even though it looks like he's trying to pull one over on me, I think he just expected me to magically ship it to him so it's instantly there. Hopefully he won't dispute when he gets the item. I mean he can't open a dispute for an item "not shipped fast enough" right? I will call Paypal however just to be safe.[/QUOTE]

If you do get to talking to an ebay representative, I'd hammer the point in that this guy tried opening a dispute even before the package could have had a reasonable amount of time to get there.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']I sold it for my gf and she shipped it without knowing, yeah :/[/QUOTE]

Today's lesson: Don't sell other people's stuff on eBay unless you take over the sale 100% prior to listing it.

I learned that one the hard way myself: years ago my brother-in-law asked me to sell a set of motorcycle mirrors for him. After they sold, he then tells me that they were still on his bike and he accidentally broke one trying to get them off. We refunded the seller and shipped him the item as well.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']If you do get to talking to an ebay representative, I'd hammer the point in that this guy tried opening a dispute even before the package could have had a reasonable amount of time to get there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah exactly, I sent the guy a ton of e-mails trying to explain how there is no possible way for his usps package to arrive on a weekend, when he was still insisting "slow shipping time". I saw he left a negative feedback for someone for his package arriving 5 days after he ordered it. That doesn't seem like a lot to me. And it's shipping from cali, he lives in ny, when does he expect it to get there?

I know having 1 negative feedback is ok, I have 90% positive right now, with other feedbacks I'll be receiving soon, but I'm still going to try to get this guy to remove it.

Ha, just looked at the date he filed the claim. He filed it 2 days after I marked as shipped. In the listing under shipping & payments it states I ship out 2 days after I receive payment, which is what I did. I told him to look at that in the last message. But man, that's unreal because I did tell him when I shipped it out and that is was first class. He really expected the item to get to him 2 days after I shipped it?

The same date he leaves me feedback saying this, "poor service slow shipping doesnt respond to emails". I put a response "ship'd first class, it's not been 3 bus. days yet. responded prompt and friendly". And yeah I think if I point both of those out to Ebay and keep going on in the point that he's trying to scam me and it looks obvious here I think it'll be ok. If he opens a dispute that's what it looks like to me and I'm sure to others.

At first I thought he was from another country and English wasn't his first language, but he seems to be from NY and even if he was foreign they don't lack this much common sense just because they speak another language better. The messages he's been sending me have been jokes saying I told him it would take 10 days to arrive. I did the math and it wasn't even close.

He sent me a message saying this which I lol'd at "My statements are very accurate and I havent been on ebay for almost 10yrs and in business for almost that same time period becuase I do things without planning and following through with my promises." "Dont draw conclusions when facts dont support the statements"

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't feel bad. I put on all my auctions that everything will be shipped within 3 business days.

I sold a Halo Reach on Wednesday night, and got an email Thursday morning saying to ship it that day or else. That buyer is very lucky I saw that after I dropped off his game.

People never read your shipping terms. If you put in there, bidding on this auction benefits Trenchcoat Flashers of America, you'd still get as many bids.

[quote name='rp71284']Don't feel bad. I put on all my auctions that everything will be shipped within 3 business days.

I sold a Halo Reach on Wednesday night, and got an email Thursday morning saying to ship it that day or else. That buyer is very lucky I saw that after I dropped off his game.

People never read your shipping terms. If you put in there, bidding on this auction benefits Trenchcoat Flashers of America, you'd still get as many bids.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's true. This guy has opened a dispute against me today. The item is STILL not supposed to come yet and he's claiming he never received it. I left a long response explaining for the 100th time that he needs to be patient, and let the item come when it's supposed to.

Is there any more advice for talking to Ebay if it comes to that, which judging by getting nowhere with him, looks like will happen. I know I'm going to mention him opening a dispute, stating he didn't receive the package two days after I shipped it, should I also mention that I think I might be getting scammed or anything else? Also, should I mention my gf is the one who shipped the item or should I play it off like I did it? I mean they really can't prove it wasn't me but I'm not sure.

Yep I used to sell on Amazon and never had any issues. Some stuff I could only sell on Ebay though, which I've been doing for only a couple of months. After this, I feel like going back to Amazon for good.
-------------------

After re-reading this, I couldn't help but laugh, which makes me feel better. I think this is too ridiculous for Ebay not to side with me. I was showing it to my gf, hence the red marks. Just ignore that...

6goQB.jpg

Wow, the dispute ended and Ebay was in their favor. Ebay refunded their $45 and the package either arrived or will arrive this week. I messaged the buyer telling him to send the package back to me, but since he hasn't listened to me this whole time I doubt he will now.

Is there anything I can do? I mean this person is most likely going to scam me? Ebay can't do anything?

Should I open an upaid item case? I mean that's what has happened now, except the item has been shipped.

Edit: The unpaid item dispute won't work since they refunded him, my only hope now is he gives me the package back or I guess I'll have to contact Ebay and somehow make them understand this is a scam.

Unfortunately what you encountered is a savvy, but dis-honest buyer. Since Delivery Confirmation wasn't purchased you had no chance of winning the dispute and the buyer knew this, so he took advantage.

Even if you did get a delivery confirmation number there is still a chance that a crooked buyer will scam you of the money and possibly even the item also, all with the aid of Ebay. What you need to understand is there is an inherent risk in selling online with every venue and not just Ebay.

With that being said, I don't want to discourage you from selling. I've been selling on Ebay and recently started on Amazon and have sold several hundred items. Fortunately I have not dealt with a scammer yet.

By the way, what is the buyers Ebay name? Id' like to add him to my Block Bidders List.

[quote name='twicwborn']Unfortunately what you encountered is a savvy, but dis-honest buyer. Since Delivery Confirmation wasn't purchased you had no chance of winning the dispute and the buyer knew this, so he took advantage.

Even if you did get a delivery confirmation number there is still a chance that a crooked buyer will scam you of the money and possibly even the item also, all with the aid of Ebay. What you need to understand is there is an inherent risk in selling online with every venue and not just Ebay.

With that being said, I don't want to discourage you from selling. I've been selling on Ebay and recently started on Amazon and have sold several hundred items. Fortunately I have not dealt with a scammer yet.

By the way, what is the buyers Ebay name? Id' like to add him to my Block Bidders List.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I don't really want to let one dbag stop me from selling on Ebay ever again. I've been using other sites for a couple of years and actually never used DC. I just found out about it a couple of months ago and used it for some items like when I printed the shipping label online. I from now on will always use it and be more careful.

The buyer's name is spccomputing
He has a lot of positive feedback so I had no way of knowing this was a scam, but everything he did for the past week was leading me to believe it. Filing 2 disputes 2 days after the item was shipped, messaging me accusing of not shipping the item even though it was marked as shipped.

I'm going to contact Ebay and let them know how easy it is for someone to scam a buyer when they don't use tracking. If I don't get the item or my money back I'll be sure to give Ebay an earful, maybe that'll at least make me feel a little better ;) But oh well, I've been making a couple of hundred on ebay in just one month so I'm sure I'll make that money back in no time.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']Wow, the dispute ended and Ebay was in their favor. Ebay refunded their $45 and the package either arrived or will arrive this week. I messaged the buyer telling him to send the package back to me, but since he hasn't listened to me this whole time I doubt he will now.

Is there anything I can do? I mean this person is most likely going to scam me? Ebay can't do anything?

Should I open an upaid item case? I mean that's what has happened now, except the item has been shipped.

Edit: The unpaid item dispute won't work since they refunded him, my only hope now is he gives me the package back or I guess I'll have to contact Ebay and somehow make them understand this is a scam.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I would email the buyer and tell them that if they do not return the package you will contact their local police department and report them for scamming or something of the like.

[quote name='georox']Personally, I would email the buyer and tell them that if they do not return the package you will contact their local police department and report them for scamming or something of the like.[/QUOTE]

I sent him a message before saying i'd contact ebay and I got a message back and it's full of lulz. Here is the message I sent, followed by his, and then my last response:

Dear spccomputing,

If I do not hear back from you within 1 day, either with confirmation that you have received the package and will send it back to me, since you were refunded. Or confirmation that when you receive the package you will return it to me. Right now I have no item and no money for it.

If I fail to hear from you, it is obvious this has turned into a scam and I will contact Ebay customer support until this is resolved. All I want right now is the Ram that right now is being sent to you for free. Thanks.
----

His response:

For starters what your language and your threats before you get me upset and I take the needed action to have your account suspended. you have no right to make such ridicolus satements. If I had the item I paid for I would not have had a reason to file a complaint. If the package ever shows up you can have the memory i dont want anything I didnt pay for its that simple. Ive been in business for eight years and selling and buying on ebay for over ten. I be darned if i let some newbie to ebay talk to me as if ive done something wrong. You are at fault your next email better be an apology if its anything else i will contact ebay and take the needed action

- spccomputing

And my response to that:

Dear spccomputing,

Ok thank you, I just wanted to confirm the package will be sent back when it arrives. Have a good day.

I kept being polite to him, and this isn't the first hostile message he has sent me, if he does actually contact ebay, which I guess he will since I didn't "apologize". So if ebay really does look at our messages they will see how every single response I have given him has been friendly even though I'd really just like to punch him.

But all and all, I guess I'll be getting my package back. I might try to contact ebay about getting my feedback from him removed seeing as how there isn't a transaction anymore. This guy's a piece of work though.

hey chocolatemilk, seeing as how she didnt get DC on it you may lose. It's known when theres no DC #'s people take this as an exploit and BS there way out of it by saying they never got it. The only other thing i can think of is go to a post master at the post office and explain them to them what happened and all the info of where it was shipped from and to on what day and what time

[quote name='imjpwutup']hey chocolatemilk, seeing as how she didnt get DC on it you may lose. It's known when theres no DC #'s people take this as an exploit and BS there way out of it by saying they never got it. The only other thing i can think of is go to a post master at the post office and explain them to them what happened and all the info of where it was shipped from and to on what day and what time[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've learned my lesson and will always do DC's from now on. If he refuses to ship the item stating "it never came", accusing me again of lying about shipping the package, I will for sure get in contact with USPS. Thanks for the advice.

Sadly, you're out of luck, completely. Judging from his responses and actions, you won't be seeing the package, money, or a response from EBay in your favor (they heavily favor buyers). It's stupid, with sellers being afraid of being scammed, and EBay refusing to protect them (yes, I understand that a DC is easily purchasable) you would think that Ebay's auction numbers would decrease substantially.

Honestly, I'm much more willing to pay a little more, and sell my items through Amazon. I've never had a ridiculous claim go awry against me with them (Ebay is another story).

And yeah...The stupidity of that seller is obvious. The intelligent scammer would just reply "Yes, I'll be sure to return your package if it does arrive."...Instead, he goes apeshit. Luckily any customer service you'll receive will be from India, language barriers and all...They'll understand what's really going on.

You have to have DC. I get it on 10.00 games.
Threw paypal usps shipping it is .19
Def. on a 45.00 game.
I do hate that people will scam if they know they can.

A painful BUT thorough lesson

bread's done
Back