Need help with Xfiles

Jgel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Not sure if this belongs in this forum, so please move if it does not....

Anyway, is there a faw to find out which episodes follow the main story line? I have seen a lot of episodes, but would like to watch only the ones that follow the main story line in order and skip out on all of the other side shows that do not belong in the main story line. Did they every realease them like that on DVD, or is there a listing somewhere that would show only the episodes in order that follow the story line??? Any help would be great, I could Netfilx the ones that I need to see the show, but it seems like 50% of the show was a side episode of some sort. Thanks... :bouncy:

Yes you would have to get those special boxed sets that they released, I believe there were 4 - Super Soldier and some others. They specifically focused on the related episodes, though I'm not sure if they included all of the related ones.

But the stand alone episodes also may have little bits here and there.

[quote name='karkyco']But the stand alone episodes also may have little bits here and there.[/quote]

Yup. Plus, just about every episode in the first 7 seasons is great - especially the stand-alone ones. Watch them all!

Walmart should have them for $14.9x each, I've seen them there and heard many others have as well. So that might be the cheapest way to get them.

The new Revelations DVD has a coupon inside for $5/1. $10/2, or $20/3 X-Files sets, Mythology included. Might be worth looking into, and you get a ticket for the new movie.

you dont need to see the mythology to watch the new film.

Also I saw the box set for the main arc at the local supermarket... Random.

[quote name='javeryh']Yup. Plus, just about every episode in the first 7 seasons is great - especially the stand-alone ones. Watch them all![/quote]

Correction - first 6 seasons (including the first film) and you are correcta mundo my friend.:D;)

[quote name='Josef']I actually enjoyed the stand alone episodes more than the mythology episodes.[/quote]

Eh, it's a mixed bag for me. Some of the stand alone episodes are just more memorable than some of the arc episodes. But then again, the arcs gave us X, who we still no jack shit about:lol: But how can you forget the metal cockroaches, el chupacabra, the vampire town, etc.

I remember a few that were good....one with the dude with tats like puzzle pieces all over his body and one with people who lived in the woods that were old spanish settlers who had found the fountain of youth if I remember, but many of them were kind of dumb. I think I might just use the wiki list and go the netflix route.

[quote name='Jgel']...one with the dude with tats like puzzle pieces all over his body...[/quote]

That was Enigma, he used to be part of Jim Rose' Circus Sideshow. He's been adding to the filled-in jigsaw pieces of his body, I think one day striving to have his entire body completely tattooed blue. I personally like how it looks with every other piece being blue/skin the best.

Back to OT....

If you watch JUST the story arc episodes, you're really missing out on what X-Files is really about. I think it was pretty ridiculous to release the mythology box sets, it's like wanting to read a book but only buying the Cliffnotes.

I've seen all of the X-Files new box set seasons for $19.99 at Wal-Mart. I would just buy one a month, unlsess if your in a hurry to see the movie. I've owned them all for three years and have yet gotten a chance to watch them. The other box sets I've seen for around $14.99.

bread's done
Back