Need info on an information system. homework help

DT778

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
I have to make a web page for an information system but I'm having trouble finding one. Hopefully somone can help

here is what the assignment wants.

Start by identifying an industry in which you are interested. Research an “information system” that is used in that industry. You need to find a specific information system that is available for purchase. Note: An information system is not a piece of hardware.

Produce a web-page that will contain the following details about the information system product you are researching:
  • Name of the information system product
  • Company that makes the information system product
  • Web address for the company & information system product (if available)
  • What are the hardware requirements?
  • Cost of the information system – does it vary based on number of users, etc.?
  • Target industry for the information system
  • Organization level the information system is geared towards (e.g. senior mgt, middle management, etc.)
  • Type of Information System (e.g. TPS, DSS, etc.)
  • Brief summary of what the system does – how it works
  • Benefits of the system (how does the system help an organization?)
so it would be great if someone could help, maybe at least give me some names to check up on or something.

Information systems are software suites of sorts that control some of the major processes of a business such as Sales, Receiving, Logistics, and um.....other stuff.......I think...... lol :rofl:

SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft are examples. Ummm...I think one of those may have been bought out by another, or all of them might have been bought out by one I dunno lol

I take no responsibilty if you fail the assignment!

thanks cags for the replys. None of them were information systems but I appreciate you guys/ladies taking the time to try to help me. I found QuikLogic Decision Support Software and got all the info I needed except for the cost. I sent them an email but if I don't hear back from them Im just going to take the loss and omit it from the page. Now to start working on a web page.

bread's done
Back