Need Info on Good Ear Bud Headphones, and Cheapass prices would be great.

Othergods

CAGiversary!
I just got my Dell 20G Digital Jukebox and need to replace the stock earphones. I have a pair of big Sony MDR-CD60's that I use at work or home, but I need a pair of the small ones for everywhere in between.

What are some good pairs (Make/Model/Link to :)) Cheap would be great but not 100% necessay for the right pair.

Thanks

Try the sony ex71's...they sound really good and they aren't terribly expensive. There's a few cord issues, but nothing too terrible. As a bonus, iPod owners can buy them in white to match :)

I'm looking for some nice cheap earbuds to go with the GBA SP I just bought. Since it's for gaming and not music they don't have to be high quality. Just something reliable and inexpensive. Any recommendations.

Awesome, I will check into the sony ex71's any other suggestions. Really want some that do not cause physical pain :D like my current pair do.

Ok, did a little research on the Sony EX71's and come up with this, the retail price is $49.99 but knowing no true CAG would pay this I found a deal at http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=168452 They are 32.95 and should qualify for free shipping.

I also read that they do have some wire issues as mentioned above, but the only other earbuds I saw mentioned were Shure's but they cost $100+ depending on the model.

Any other info would be great.

For a good budget priced canal phone, you can't beat the Sony EX51/71. I have a pair of 71's myself and find them to be much better than any earbuds. I still prefer a nice set of closed cans though.

The next step up would be the Shure E2c or E3c. I'm in the market for a pair of the E3c's but damn are they ugly.

Etymotic has the ER-6 which are highly recommended.

Check out head-fi.org

I have to add my endorsement to the 71s. Great headphones. The bass is a little bit muddy for my taste, but for $50 (or $35) they can't be beat.

>$2 at any electronics store.

Just go to radio shack and get cheapo earbuds, they all sound the same.

1 in 10,000 people have perfect hearing, and I seriously doubt you beat that statistic.

Just because 9,999 people don't have perfect hearing doesn't mean that they can't tell the difference between a clean/clear audio signal and something distorted/muddled.

Ever play loud music on cheap 2 watt speakers and then play the same exact music on a high end sound system?

I'd like to know where you pulled that statistic from as well.

As for the MX500's, I have a pair and I feel that they have weak bass. With canal phones, I definitely won't go back to earbuds now.

Yeah it looks like canal phones are the way to go from what I have read. I want good sound but almost as equally important is comfort when wearing them. The cheap earbuds just kill my ears.

the SP does not have a headphone jack.

I do not know if the Majesco headphones are any good, but the Nintendo ones suck. They are really small and after 30 minutes they start to hurt your ears

bread's done
Back