Need iPod Help

D_Icon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
My computer's harddrive went out, and the repair guy just told me that he wont be able to restore anything. I lost tons of pics from past holidays and parties, and weddings. :bomb:

I had about 3500 songs neatly organized, (ex. artist-song name.mp3) and about 50 music videos that I converted from DVDs using videora on the hard drive. Luckily all of this was on my iPod.

I got a new hard drive installed so everything is gone

Now I need help. I know that I can import the songs straight from the iPod to my computer, but the problem is that the songs in the iPod have weird names like 0234A. When I import this weird named song into iTunes Itunes shows the proper name, but the file itself still has the weird name.

I downloaded a program that seemed to work so perfect CopyTrans. This program allowed me to import everything from the iPod into my PC, playlists, album art, playcount(could care less for this), and more. It even gave me the option to rename the weird named song file in the iPod any way I wanted. artist-song_name.mp3, but this was too good to be true. The damn program is only a trial version which only allows me to import 100 songs.

This is what I need help with, does anybody know of a free program that allows me to import my songs from the ipod to my computer but also renames the song file properly?

Please help me.

if copytrans works perfect and it means that much to you, i would just pay for the full version.

you get what pay for, so a free program wont have all the features or usability of something that costs a bit of money.

What iPod do you have? if it's an older one like a 5g ipod video you could probably use Podutil or I'd recommend you go Here.

I wouldn't pay for a program unless it's your last option.

I know for a fact EphPod renames them with the song name as the file name, not sure about song-artist.mp3,.If thats fine with you, or you want to play around with it to find a setting that could help, give it a try. Link is here. Note that before you try it you have to go and enable hard drive use in iTunes, or something to that nature. It's the last check option on your iPod screen on iTunes I believe.

bread's done
Back