Need LCD monitor w/ HDMI or component inputs

Quintox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I need a monitor about 22" to play my 360 on. I'd love one w/ a TV tuner, but I can buy an adapter later for that. (any info on that would be great).

I want one w/ a good warranty, so ones like Acer, Samsung, NEC, and Viewsonic's have a 3 year warranty.

Any suggestions on what the best one is? I've been looking around but not doing so hot.

I really really need help on this.

get one that is HDCP? its a lot easier to find an LCD monitor with HDCP than with the other stuff.

If you are looking for the otehr stuff... it would probably be an LCD TV instead.

also: acer and nec sucks.

[quote name='Quintox']I need a monitor about 22" to play my 360 on. I'd love one w/ a TV tuner, but I can buy an adapter later for that. (any info on that would be great).

I want one w/ a good warranty, so ones like Acer, Samsung, NEC, and Viewsonic's have a 3 year warranty.

Any suggestions on what the best one is? I've been looking around but not doing so hot.

I really really need help on this.[/quote]

I got the 22inch ACER Ferrari monitor(Didn't go looking for the Ferrari model it was just cheap). Has HDMI output and built in speaker(not that great) but the monitor itself is great. It has a "auto" button you can click and it will change the screen size, color, gamma, etc to match what ever is on the screen. Dont really know why you want a extended warrenty..aslong the monitor is a good brand, it will last for ever(Im still rocking a 19inch dell going on 5 years now). Just me but any of the acer, samsung and Dell screens are really nice. If you really want the 3 year warrenty thing, take a look at costco most of there eletrionics comes with something along 3 years.

This:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001278

I got it about 1 month ago and I absolutely love it. Component, HDMI (x2 actually), a tv tuner, and DVI. It's a little pricey, but it's worth it to have everything running on one monitor, and the on-board speakers are actually pretty good for what they are (don't have my optical audio cable yet).

Picture quality is pristine. Max resolution for PCs is 1680x1050, but still goes up to 1080p on my PS3 with no problem. Can't reccommend it enough!

I'm actually wondering how you guys are setting up your audio when connecting your consoles to the monitor, especially if you're using HDMI for the video.

I'm thinking about using my LCD monitor for the dorm rather than waste money on an HDTV, but the monitor in question doesn't have built-in speakers, and since I don't have a desktop to which to connect a TV tuner, I'd have to connect it directly to the monitor, if that's even possible. It'd have to be HDMI to DVI-D as well, since the monitor doesn't have a component input.

Anyone know if DVI-D to component adapters exist that can plug directly into the monitor, and where can I find one? Huge thanks to anyone that can help, even if it's just a "lol you're deluded".

[quote name='tianxia']I'm actually wondering how you guys are setting up your audio when connecting your consoles to the monitor, especially if you're using HDMI for the video.

I'm thinking about using my LCD monitor for the dorm rather than waste money on an HDTV, but the monitor in question doesn't have built-in speakers, and since I don't have a desktop to which to connect a TV tuner, I'd have to connect it directly to the monitor, if that's even possible. It'd have to be HDMI to DVI-D as well, since the monitor doesn't have a component input.

Anyone know if DVI-D to component adapters exist that can plug directly into the monitor, and where can I find one? Huge thanks to anyone that can help, even if it's just a "lol you're deluded".[/quote]

If you have a stereo (even a standalone boombox with auxiliary-in) you could get some extension cables and use it for sound off the component audio output. Similarly, an audio card which takes auxiliary-in would work the same way, just route it through your PC.

Another option (mainly if you're using PS3) is to get an audio card which accepts optical audio in. I have a Soundblaster that comes with a face plate on the front of the tower, and the optical audio in will soon be my PS3's audio as well as for my PC.

Other than that, get a monitor with decent speakers?

bread's done
Back