Need new CPU, or PC, for video converting ....

hcamacho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I am reposting this from the off topic and lifestyle forum, thanks for any help..

Hey I've just bought a Zune 30gb, and I am looking for a faster pc for converting dvd movies to WMV......With my specs an ATHLON XP3000+, 2GB RAM,geforce 7800 gt 256mb , 300gb disc space,and windows xp, my times for converting a dvd to WMV, is like if a movie is 90 minutes, it takes my pc like 3+ to 4+ hours to convert the movie, that is decrypting and all, I am using cucusoft dvd and video suite to do that , and it takes too much time....

I am thinking about getting a athlon 64 x2 dual core or a Intel PENTIUM dual core, wich one should I GET, thanks, in advance, and I am thinking about buying a pc , not building.

Found this one, is this a good deal for what I am looking for....

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/5381968

Hmm... use a different converter. My computer (Athlon 64 3700+ @ 2.5GHz, 3GB PC3200, Win XP home 32, 7600GS) only takes like 90 mins using imTOO DVD Ripper Platinum 4.

When it comes to video conversion your cpu is the most important component. That's what I would focus on. A core 2 duo will be the best for performance, although you will probably be fine with either. Just get the best cpu you can afford in the new build and you'll see a big boost in the speed during the conversion.

With the right board and chip you can get a huge bang for the buck with current Core 2 Duos. The E2140/60/80 are the best overclockers since the Celeron 300A. You can get 50% without any effort at all. I just picked up an Abit IP35-V with an E2180 over black friday weekend. It's a 2.0Ghz chip but you can get 3Ghz out of it easily with the stock cooler, some people are seeing as much as 3.6 with good cooling.

bread's done
Back