Need new Xbox 360 deal

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
So my Xbox died. Not the RRoD dead but rather it doesn't turn on at all. It will cost $100 to have MS fix it but I would rather use that money towards a brand new system

I want to get a Xbox with a large hard drive, preferably a new slim. I don't need a Kinect because I already have one but if the best deal involves the Kinect bundle I can just sell 1 of the Kinects to a friend or on Craigslist. I'm in New York so I'll be charged tax pretty much no matter what.

Right now I'm leaning towards buying from Amazon with this:
4GB Kinect bundle - $300 + $25 credit
250GB HD - $105 -$25 credit = $80
Sell the extra Kinect for $100-125
Sell the 4GB HD for $? (not much probably)
--------
Total $255-$280 minus whatever I sell the 4GB HD for

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the 4GB is internal memory that can't be removed. Best Buy currently has the 4GB console + 250gb HD for $290 together, but that is before taxes.

Selling the Kinect would easily net you $100 at least.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']So the 4GB is non-removable but can you add the 250GB to it?[/QUOTE]

Yes :) The HDD slot on the 4gb model is just empty. All you have to do is slide the 250gb in. The only annoying thing is that since the 4gb can't be removed, every game / download will ask you which HDD you want to save to. It selects the 250gb by default, but another button press.. :) I prefer the matte finish of the 4gb anyway.

bread's done
Back