need Paypal help

TornadoXL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I sold a iphone to a guy overseas. To make a long story short, He didnt get it too fast because of customs. He filed a claim and after it was offer. I lost and 2 days later he says he recieved it. I try to contact paypal so many times but they dont responded. How soon do i have until they contact the collection agency

how did you ship it? Express International or Priority International? If you did Express International, I think PP extended seller protection covers you (unless that's only for powersellers).

I shipped it register mail priority international. I am also a powerseller. Usps doesnt offer international tracking so you have to use the custom number or register number

Call paypal, I think their number is even listed on the front page, paypal.com... if they can't help you then you are pretty much out of luck. Collections agencies won't be able to do anything for you, he is out of country... you can't collect or file a bad debt since they have no credit bureaus that we deal with =/

thats why I hate paypal
they screwed me so many times.
the buyer got away scott free.
the only thing to do now is argue with paypal
you can also ask the buyer to be kind enough to send the paypal back.(it doesn't hurt to try)

[quote name='elchbulle']Call paypal, I think their number is even listed on the front page, paypal.com... if they can't help you then you are pretty much out of luck. Collections agencies won't be able to do anything for you, he is out of country... you can't collect or file a bad debt since they have no credit bureaus that we deal with =/[/quote]

Paypal sends the collection agency after you not the buyer

[quote name='TornadoXL']Paypal sends the collection agency after you not the buyer[/QUOTE]

Wait... so didn't you say the guy has the money and the phone? So why is PP sending a collection agency after you if he's already got his money back?

It sounds like PP just doesn't want to do their job. I'd call them since it sounds like they're ignoring your emails. Use threats too buy the use, like "I'll file a complaint to the Better Business Bearue" or "I'll file a case against you (PayPal) in small claims court". If they think you what you're talking about, maybe they'll let it go...

This is why I don't ship to any place outside the US. Overseas buyers can claim/do whatever they want and in most cases, you're screwed.

[quote name='Vinny']Wait... so didn't you say the guy has the money and the phone? So why is PP sending a collection agency after you if he's already got his money back?

It sounds like PP just doesn't want to do their job. I'd call them since it sounds like they're ignoring your emails. Use threats too buy the use, like "I'll file a complaint to the Better Business Bearue" or "I'll file a case against you (PayPal) in small claims court". If they think you what you're talking about, maybe they'll let it go...

This is why I don't ship to any place outside the US. Overseas buyers can claim/do whatever they want and in most cases, you're screwed.[/quote]

because my balance is still negative.

[quote name='Vinny']Wait... so didn't you say the guy has the money and the phone? So why is PP sending a collection agency after you if he's already got his money back?

This is why I don't ship to any place outside the US. Overseas buyers can claim/do whatever they want and in most cases, you're screwed.[/quote]

You are screwed if you ship within the USA too, whereve there is a dirt bag you can be screwed. Stop being ignorant and scaring everyone away from international shipping. Posts like that upset me because in a lot of threads where shipping to Canada is involved, there is always someone who says the same thing.

EDIT: Have you asked the guy for the money back? If he told you he received the iphone i don't see why he would try and hold the money.

[quote name='arfin']You are screwed if you ship within the USA too, whereve there is a dirt bag you can be screwed. Stop being ignorant and scaring everyone away from international shipping. Posts like that upset me because in a lot of threads where shipping to Canada is involved, there is always someone who says the same thing.

EDIT: Have you asked the guy for the money back? If he told you he received the iphone i don't see why he would try and hold the money.[/QUOTE]

I agree. He may not be a scammer, and he could be honest. People here seem to think e-bay just has scammers or I just been lucky. I have almost sold over 400 problems and just have ran into a few people who just didn't pay, that is taken care of with Unpaid buyers dispute.
You should ask to see if he will return the money.

This is why I never ship outside the US: too many problems.

Then again, guess what?
*hijacks topic*
I have a bidder claiming he never got the package for a certain item. Granted I shipped it last week on Wednesday at post office closing First Class so he may not get it till Friday if the PO is slow.

It only cost 1 cent for the item and shipping was $3. How should I go about this if the buyer wants a refund? Shouldn't I just refund him the penny? BTW, the shipping cost was $1.90 and paypal and ebay fees were about 40 cents. So realistcally I wasn't even making 75 cents off the item.

Sounds like a scam, guy was counting on that tracking not working outside the U.S. Either way do you have the emails saying he got it ? Emailing paypal doesn't really help, just call them. They can tell you right then and there how this is going to play out. As for Monsta Mack, are you telling me a buyer is whining about not getting a package in under a week? Tell them to chill the hell out, even first class takes time.

[quote name='coolsteel'] As for Monsta Mack, are you telling me a buyer is whining about not getting a package in under a week? Tell them to chill the hell out, even first class takes time.[/QUOTE]

Well it didn't leave the Post Office till last week on Thursday and he lives in PA, and I am in CT. I told him to wait three more days and/or check with the post office. My shipping usually arrives quickly so I' would be surprised if he doesn't get it soon, but I basically told him to chill.

Anyways hope things turn better OP.

[quote name='arfin']You are screwed if you ship within the USA too, whereve there is a dirt bag you can be screwed. Stop being ignorant and scaring everyone away from international shipping. Posts like that upset me because in a lot of threads where shipping to Canada is involved, there is always someone who says the same thing.

EDIT: Have you asked the guy for the money back? If he told you he received the iphone i don't see why he would try and hold the money.[/QUOTE]

What do you expect when PP makes it so easy for buyers out of the US to rip us off?

bread's done
Back