Need PS1 recommendations

peteyrose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
This sounds like a topic that has already been done before, but the search function netted nothing.

I have a decent PS2 library, but now I'm looking to round out my PS1 collection. So any recommendations are good!

Seriously, Herc's Adventures if your into the co-op "Zombies Ate My Neighbors" type games.

And obviously any RPG from Suikoden ($$$) to Chrono Chross.

Let's see if you like RPGs...
Suikoden series, Valkyrie Profile, Lunars, Persona series, Legend of Dragoon, Breath of Fire series, and Xenogears
Looking at my collection I don't really see many non-RPGs I've kept, they weren't really worth keeping.
The one game I regret getting rid of is Legend of Mana. Erg, but I got more money than I paid for it so it's all good.

If you like Zelda type games I recommend Alundra and Alundra 2.

Also the Castlevania game that came out on PS1 is fairly good.

I can't think of any more off the top of my head that have not already been mentioned. I can take a look at what I have when I get home.

Final Fantasy Tactics and Front Mission 3 are my personal top 2 games for the PS1. Both are excellent strategy RPG's if you're into that sort of thing.

Metal Gear Solid and Tenchu (both 1 and 2 but 1 is better) for your stealth action game fix.

Syphon Filter series for pure action.

The Final Fantasy's for RPG's.

Resdient Evil series and Silent Hill for survival horror.

Fear Effect is a great action/quasi horror game with a cool plot, unique 3D anime visuals.

If you can find it and like old school side scrolling shooters, Eihander is one of the best.

Colony Wars series for space shooters, especially #2 which is a huge challenge.

Tekken 2 and 3 for fighting games.

There are just too many to name. ign.com has a nice top 25 list for PSone games which is pretty good and can give you furhter recommendations.

i almost forget to mention Diablo. now that was fun to play on the PS. i wish i still had my copy of it. =\ stupid teenage need for money years ago.

bread's done
Back