Need really quick answer with Ebay concern- please help

monash65

CAGiversary!
I need a quick answer here, my auction for an item I'm selling is about to close in 20 minutes, it's for an item that is over $200. I have only 2 bids, the first guy "X" was outbid by the second guy "Y" but Y only has 2 feedbacks (both positive) and one of them is from guy X. One hell of a coincidence I think.

Is there something shady going on here? Should I cancel the bids or what? please help! Thanks

It is possible that one guy is following the other guy around on the site? Other than that I am not sure. ebay and paypal are very good about getting your money/item/etc back so no one ever ends up screwed over (or at least in the few instances i have been involved in). I surely hope they aren't trying to screw you over somehow, but it may just be a weird coincidence?

That is a pretty odd coincidence.

Just make sure the buyers address is confirmed and i suggest adding signature confirmation when shipping to prevent any problems.

Agreed. Make sure they are both verified. Buyers seem to have a little more protection than the sellers do from what I just found on search. That would make me a little uneasy if I were in your shoes.

Thanks for the input, guys. I'm definitely going to cancel Y's bid because I even put in the listing that I reserve the right to cancel any bids where the person has negative or low feedback. I guess I'll let X win it and check if he's verified before sending. Kinda nervous right now.

Man I would be too for such a high priced item. I'd definitely make sure he is verified before going through with the transaction so you aren't screwed out of your item and $200 in the end. Good luck to ya!

[quote name='monash65']Thanks for the input, guys. I'm definitely going to cancel Y's bid because I even put in the listing that I reserve the right to cancel any bids where the person has negative or low feedback. I guess I'll let X win it and check if he's verified before sending. Kinda nervous right now.[/QUOTE]

got to be very careful on ebay... I would put tracking and INSURANCE on the item

I just sold the stylus from the FF 3ds game said Stylus and stickers only... Dude gets the item on saturday and emails me saying

thanks for shipping so fast i been looking for the stylus and stickers and my game didnt have it in the set .. very happy

then

I check into my ebay account today to see a dispute opened up saying there was no game and demands his money back..

fuck him

Thanks Ellahjay88 and the rest of you guys. So there was some drama at the end of the auction, here's what happened: I go to cancel guy Y's bid, with an explanation that he doesn't have enough feedback (remember, I put it in my terms of the auction in the text of the listing that I reserve the right to cancel any bids with negative or low feedback). Then a few seconds later, he rebids! So I waited until right close to the end of the auction (about 15 seconds left to go) and then cancelled his bid again with the same explanation. Guess what, he rebid again (this would be his third time bidding on my item). Luckily, he was outbid in the last few seconds by a brand new bidder, who has great feedback, is a verified paypal user, and has actually already paid very promptly.

I still have no idea what guy Y's problem was. Didn't he get that I didn't want to sell to him/her? Even if there wasn't anything shady going on, I am fairly sure I would have had some kind of problem if the auction closed with him as the high bidder and I had been bound by ebay rules as a seller. Don't have anything else to put on auction for a while, but wondering if there are any other steps I can take to prevent this happening again in future if I decide to sell again. What a weird, and troublesome experience.

[quote name='slidecage']got to be very careful on ebay... I would put tracking and INSURANCE on the item

I just sold the stylus from the FF 3ds game said Stylus and stickers only... Dude gets the item on saturday and emails me saying

thanks for shipping so fast i been looking for the stylus and stickers and my game didnt have it in the set .. very happy

then

I check into my ebay account today to see a dispute opened up saying there was no game and demands his money back..

fuck him[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your negative experience. Sounds like a case of someone who didn't bother to read the whole auction listing properly?

I will definitely be putting tracking and insurance on any expensive items I ship from now on, this whole episode has convinced me.

[quote name='monash65']Don't have anything else to put on auction for a while, but wondering if there are any other steps I can take to prevent this happening again in future if I decide to sell again. What a weird, and troublesome experience.[/QUOTE]

Ebay has a Blocked Bidder list for sellers. Just do a search for it and you can add up to 5000 user ids.

You should block him. Chances are, he'll try to heckle you in the future considering how much of a douche he was.

bread's done
Back