Need recommendation on games that can co-oped with wife?

allen9917

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hi Guys,

I'm seriously looking for games in which wife and I can play co-op and have fun together. PS 2/3, 360, Wii, GC, whatever. About genres, RPG, action, everything is OK as long as it's non-violent and non-sports games (wife is not really into sports). I know there are some very good multiplayer games on Wii but most of them offer contests between players not co-op. I don't think there are many options out there so I need help from CAGs! Thanks!

speaking as a CAG with a gaming wife.

Try these

Scene It: Lights, Camera, Action
Lego Star Wars
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds (My wife isn't a sports lover either, but loves this game)
Pixlejunk Monsters (PS3 Store)

I knew a gaming couple that swore by The Adventures of Cookie and Cream for the PS2. You play as two bunnies on a splitscreen, and each has to do stuff on their side to aide their partner on the other side.

Lego games are pretty good, too

[quote name='infinitepez']I knew a gaming couple that swore by The Adventures of Cookie and Cream for the PS2. You play as two bunnies on a splitscreen, and each has to do stuff on their side to aide their partner on the other side.

Lego games are pretty good, too[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know! I know! The Shipwrecks?

The wife and I enjoyed Donkey Konga for a while.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Wii is a great 2player co-op game. And I'm not entirely sure but I think Eternal Sonata on the 360 is 2 players when fighting battles, not exploring (it's an RPG)

My g/f enjoys:
Cooking Mama - wii
Mario Kart Wii
Tiger Woods (she refused to switch over to HSG:OOB when I got it, argh)
Sonic Mega Collection - GC (or PS2)
Mario Party 8
Sims games
Wii Play + Wii Sports

Pretty much anything that is fun for all of 5 minutes for me. I got her to play some "lightgun" games when my Perfect Shots came in (Ghost squad, Resident Evil:UC). And she used to play DOA Volleyball when she lived at home and her brother had an xbox.

Hope that helps

Right now we're playing Gauntlet Seven Sorrows (original Xbox download). Games like that and Baulder's Gate = good.
X-Men Legends & Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Trauma Center New Blood for Wii is an EXCELLENT co-op game. I can't recommend that title enough.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates is supposed to be a decent co-op game for DS..though, you both need a DS and both need a copy of the game.

The Dark Alliance "bladurs gate" games for the PS2, Cube or xbox. the second one is somewhat rare though and still fetches maybe $30.

The first can be had on all three systems. The differences in appearance are really not that big, considering its now last gen graphics anyway. My wife loved them and we rebought an xbox to play the second one through.

I thorougly enjoyed playing (and still play) Zak & Wiki with my girlfriend. Highly recommended problem solving/puzzle game that you can do toghether. The game might be cartoonish looking, but is actually a challenge. Not intended for 10-13 year olds.

[quote name='BillyBob29']The woman and I have had a lot of fun with Boom Blox on the Wii these past few weeks.[/quote]

I was on the fence about this as most people seem to love it but the replayability is a mixed bag. But if it's a female friendly game I think I'll use my CC GC on it tomorrow on the way home from work.

Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 on the GameCube are awesome
Mario Kart is good
Mario Tennis and Golf are decent for non-sports loving people as well
DDR is fun

I was about to say Gears of War, but I don't think that would fall under the Non-Violent category.

I suggest Rock Band though, not a Co-Op game per-se, but still a great Multiplayer game.

My wife loves Animal Crossing, It's not really co-op but you can both create characters in the same world and send each other gifts and letters.

As for co-op my wife loves whupping my behind in Dr. Robotnik's Mean bean machine which is a puzzle game that comes on the Sonic Mega Collection compilation.

She also likes Soul Calibur 2, and Warioware.

what about death jr- it's a cartoony violence, but the co-op is solid
I played Lost Winds with my girlfriend it is like a co-pilot co-op

[quote name='infinitepez']I knew a gaming couple that swore by The Adventures of Cookie and Cream for the PS2. You play as two bunnies on a splitscreen, and each has to do stuff on their side to aide their partner on the other side.

Lego games are pretty good, too[/quote]

The Adventures of Cookie and Cream has the ability to stretch your relationship to its limits. That game can get VERY frustrating very quickly.

The Lego Star Wars/Indiana Jones are definitely worthwhile.

My then girlfriend enjoyed playing Zelda: Four swords Adventures for the gamecube, I find that it got boring fairly quickly but maybe I just set my standards a little high (considering it was made for co-op play).

bread's done
Back