Need Small Boxes

kell

CAGiversary!
Feedback
165 (100%)
Anyone know where I can purchase some cheap small boxes?

I need them to ship GBA games in. I usually just use Priority boxes, but the games are so light that I am (and the buyer) overpaying for shipping. Not sure if I can find boxes cheap enough to make it worth shipping First Class, which is about half the price.

Just get bubble envelopes. If you have family members who work in an office, get some from the mailroom or something. You can also go to stores and ask if they have empty boxes cuz they'll just end up throwing them away or put them in the compactor.

[quote name='iazybandit']Just get bubble envelopes. If you have family members who work in an office, get some from the mailroom or something. You can also go to stores and ask if they have empty boxes cuz they'll just end up throwing them away or put them in the compactor.[/quote]

I don't like shipping GBA games in envelopes due to the chances of them getting smashed. I usually have empty boxes around, but my supply is getting thin...

I remember somebody posted a link to a store that sold boxes perfectly sized for GBA games that were a good bit cheaper than uline's site. Meant to bookmark the store, but didn't.

Found the post:

[quote name='grivet']http://www.veripack.com/Product/dep...geFile=prod&HeaderName=Kraft+Corrugated+Boxes

I use 6 x 6 x 4 Kraft corrugated boxes from Veripack - ordered 50 a few months ago for just under $17 shipped. While not free( yeah, yeah, sacrilege on CAG, I know) they do allow you the option of First Class Mail service which can give a competitive pricing edge against a Priority only auction. They also give you the flexibility of neatly combining a couple of games in the same box.

A single game ships at 6 or 7 ounces with a sheet of bubble wrap around the game and a couple of thin strips of newspaper for vertical filler. If you're mainly shipping singles the 6 x 6 x 2 boxes are worth a look to save a few tenths on weight.[/QUOTE]

I could get 25 for about $0.43 each shipped. But I only have 10 or so GBA games to sell. Probably not worth it for me. Gets cheaper as you buy more.

[quote name='wubb']I could get 25 for about $0.43 each shipped. But I only have 10 or so GBA games to sell. Probably not worth it for me. Gets cheaper as you buy more.[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Pretty cheap, about $12 shipped for 25 for me. Thanks Wubb! And everyone else...

Go to your local retail store in the morning and talk to the overnight/morning stocking crew leader and ask them, 95% they are willing to help, and you should be able to pick them up the next morning.

The problem I've had with getting them from retailers is that they are usually pretty big and not very efficient for shipping smaller items.

[quote name='kell']The problem I've had with getting them from retailers is that they are usually pretty big and not very efficient for shipping smaller items.[/QUOTE]
Go to smaller stores like delis, bodegas, CVS, etc. Dont go to electronic stores as their shipments are in huge boxes and in bulk.

You can also try EB/GS. Usually when new games are released, DVD sized games comes in a small box that hold 3-4. THose should be perfect for GBA games.

Another thing that I used to do was to use the priority mail boxes provided by the USPS but wrap them in craft paper before sending them off. Rolls of craft paper are like $3 at most stores. That's probably the cheapest way to go.

Don't post about using USPS supplies fraudulently on CAG. I've already deleted two posts in this thread on that.

bread's done
Back