Need some advice on purchasing Neo Geo Arcade Cabinet

Gara

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
I have a line on someone selling a neo geo arcade unit with Metal Slug and "A Fighting Game." I have yet to go over and inspect the unit but what would be a good price to pay and is there anything specific I should look for when looking at it? I have just the spot for this baby....
neo1.jpg
neo2.jpg
neo3.jpg

1) Check the monitor while the system is off and check for burn-in
2) See if there is any discoloration on the monitor while on
3) Check the controls and see if any buttons stick or the stick is not smooth. There should be a 'Test' button in the coin box area usually that you would hit as you first boot the system up. This will let you test the colors and the controllers.
4) Check the terminal connections. Some arcade shops like to skimp and just solder the connection right to the terminal instead of properly crimping. If you see that, give it more scrutiny as it prolly more neglected. I ended up re-crimping all mine, it just takes time (oh what fun!)
5) Check the coin mechs and make sure they are in mechanincal order.
6) Check the wireharness for kinks, nicks or loose connections

As for how much you should pay, in the NE it would prolly fetch about 3-4 hundred. In Cali though they should be a dime a dozen. You could prolly get them to 250-225 possibly 200 since it's not an authentic Neo-geo cab as it is a conversion.

[quote name='CappyCobra']1) Check the monitor while the system is off and check for burn-in
2) See if there is any discoloration on the monitor while on
3) Check the controls and see if any buttons stick or the stick is not smooth. There should be a 'Test' button in the coin box area usually that you would hit as you first boot the system up. This will let you test the colors and the controllers.
4) Check the terminal connections. Some arcade shops like to skimp and just solder the connection right to the terminal instead of properly crimping. If you see that, give it more scrutiny as it prolly more neglected. I ended up re-crimping all mine, it just takes time (oh what fun!)
5) Check the coin mechs and make sure they are in mechanincal order.
6) Check the wireharness for kinks, nicks or loose connections

As for how much you should pay, in the NE it would prolly fetch about 3-4 hundred. In Cali though they should be a dime a dozen. You could prolly get them to 250-225 possibly 200 since it's not an authentic Neo-geo cab as it is a conversion.[/quote] Thanks for the great advice. I'll post here how it goes when I head over.

[quote name='kristianator']holy crap, i just saw that on craigslist. do you live in santa rosa?[/quote]
Haha filthy spy! Yeah I'm here in Santa Rosa. You as well? You're the demon taking all the video games at garage sales!? Admit it! :lol:

bread's done
Back