Need some answers of what I can do

EwaAzn

CAGiversary!
Okay, so recently, it was my birthday. My friend's got me a copy of House of the Dead 2-3 and a Wii Zapper. And my other friend got me a Perfect Shot Nyko gun. This was a few days before the Gamestop sale where they are currently selling HOTD 2-3 for $20 so my friends bought it for $30. Since they gave me the receipt, I thought I could return the copy for $30 again and come back another day during the sale to buy it for $20. Sounds good right ?

Well, I got my mom to buy the copy for $20 and I've yet to return the copy my friend gave me due to laziness. So I open my mom's copy and decide to play for a bit and then I realized I haven't opened the Perfect Shot Nyko gun yet since I was using the Zapper... so I when I opened it (it already seemed to be opened, you'll see why) guess what ? There was another copy of HOTD 2-3 ! No receipt for this one... so now I'm stuck with 3 copies of HOTD 2-3.. one opened from my mom... one I can return.. and one unopened with no receipt. Any one know if I can return or exchange this somehow for something else ? I kind of vaguely remember exchanging a game my dad bought from Sam's Club to Target and they let me pick up another game and would deduct from the cost of the game from Sam's Club. Think I can do something like that ? Please give me some advice.

Thanks, Ewa.

[quote name='EwaAzn']There was another copy of HOTD 2-3 ! No receipt for this one... so now I'm stuck with 3 copies of HOTD 2-3.. one opened from my mom... one I can return.. and one unopened with no receipt. Any one know if I can return or exchange this somehow for something else ? I kind of vaguely remember exchanging a game my dad bought from Sam's Club to Target and they let me pick up another game and would deduct from the cost of the game from Sam's Club. Think I can do something like that ? [/quote]

So...you're basically asking us how you can use your luck in getting a free game to defraud a company? If memory serves correct we're not allowed to talk about that here.

I'd suggest you return the one copy that you still can and do the cool thing and give your extra copy to a friend. That's just me.

[quote name='cochesecochese']So...you're basically asking us how you can use your luck in getting a free game to defraud a company? If memory serves correct we're not allowed to talk about that here.

I'd suggest you return the one copy that you still can and do the cool thing and give your extra copy to a friend. That's just me.[/quote]

It's not defrauding. When they scanned it when I was at Target, they knew all the information such as the price I bought it and where. But that was years ago.

[quote name='EwaAzn']Okay, so recently, it was my birthday. My friend's got me a copy of House of the Dead 2-3 and a Wii Zapper. And my other friend got me a Perfect Shot Nyko gun. This was a few days before the Gamestop sale where they are currently selling HOTD 2-3 for $20 so my friends bought it for $30. Since they gave me the receipt, I thought I could return the copy for $30 again and come back another day during the sale to buy it for $20. Sounds good right ?

Well, I got my mom to buy the copy for $20 and I've yet to return the copy my friend gave me due to laziness. So I open my mom's copy and decide to play for a bit and then I realized I haven't opened the Perfect Shot Nyko gun yet since I was using the Zapper... so I when I opened it (it already seemed to be opened, you'll see why) guess what ? There was another copy of HOTD 2-3 ! No receipt for this one... so now I'm stuck with 3 copies of HOTD 2-3.. one opened from my mom... one I can return.. and one unopened with no receipt. Any one know if I can return or exchange this somehow for something else ? I kind of vaguely remember exchanging a game my dad bought from Sam's Club to Target and they let me pick up another game and would deduct from the cost of the game from Sam's Club. Think I can do something like that ? Please give me some advice.

Thanks, Ewa.[/quote]

Here is the honest thing to do. Call your friends and tell them hey I already got this game from my parents. Then let them decide what to do. If you were a good friend you would let your friends know about the mix up and then if they ask for the game back or whatever, do it. Don't take this as a opportunity for how do I get money and even defraud a company, don't be a greedy bastard.

bread's done
Back