Need some good Wii/Wii U games.

BriankLizard93

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Hello CAG! Welp, my Wii U Deluxe that I ordered last week is due in tomorrow. (YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!! EXCITED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!!!) I'm not going to lie, I've neglected my old Wii. I didn't buy many games for it at all. Now that I have a Wii U, I want to get a decent assortment of Wii games.

Can you guys tell me some good ones? I like virtually every genre out there.

Also, I primarily got the Wii U to play games with my girlfriend. She isn't the best at games, but still loves to play them. Anyone know good 2-Player games (preferably co-op) that we could play together? Whenever we play competitively it's always heavily sided in my favor (with the exception of Smash), and that's no fun.

Thanks for the help guys! Can't wait until I get my Wii U. :)

Zack & Wiki
Disney's Guilty Party
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
Boom Blox Bash Party
All of the Trauma Center games
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

The games I listed above are not necessarily co-op, but I've had non-gamer friends, kids, and females play with me and they all enjoyed playing these games (with me) and/or helping me figure out puzzles, help unlock items, etc.

No More Heroes 1 & 2
Blast Works
All of the Wii Kirby games
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Lost in Shadow
A Boy and His Blob
Deadly Creatures
MadWorld
Sin & Punishment
Punch-Out
Wario Land - Shake It
Muramasa: The Demon Blade

If you haven't already, click the link in my signature (or just go to the first list), as I run down each year of the Wii with what I think are the best of the bunch, with most all genres represented.

As far as specifics into good Co-op games, it depends on how involved your girlfriend likes to play. I'll break it down into even Co-op (both players have pretty much equal interaction and consequences), and then asymmetrical Co-op (second player will have an easier time playing, also including limited interaction)

Even Co-op:
Donkey Kong Country Returns (these first five are all classic 2D platformers, very accessible)
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
New Super Mario Bros Wii (Careful with this one though, as player collision detection can make this game frustrating (but also chaotically fun) for co-op)
Rayman Origins
Trauma Center New Blood (Trauma Team is Co-op too, but I think NB is better for this)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (not the greatest, but very few Co-op beat-em up / RPGs on the Wii)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (or any of the other Lego flavors, such as Batman or LOTR)
Ghost Squad (if you are lightgun junkie)
Boom Blox (there are actually some Co-op levels that are pretty good fun, aside from the awesome competitive multiplayer components)
Blast Works (if shumps are your thing, plus it's easy on the difficulty by comparison)
Bubble Bobble Plus! (one of my favorite co-op arcade classics, or you can just get the original VC NES version)
Dead Space Extraction (if your GF likes scary / thriller games)
Disney's Guilty Party (kind of a mix of co-op and competitive)
Batman: The Brave and the Bold (co-op beat-em up)
Wii Party (there are a few co-op modes as well as the general competitive modes)
Bit.Trip Complete (about half of the games are co-op, all are awesome)
Centipede Infestation (simple twin stick shooter co-op)
Skylanders (the original or giants, if you want to invest in the figures though)

Asymmetrcial Co-op:
Zack and Wiki (both players have pointers, but only the first player can actually perform the actions)
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 (The sequel has more equal interaction than the first)
The Munchables (though I heard the co-op is very limited)
Sin and Punishment Star Successor (second player can only shoot, though that is enough for this game)
de Blob 2 (the co-op is copied from SMG, but its still has a good amount of interaction)

I think that should be enough for now...

Oh, and if you are interested in some good co-op VC games, I would add a short list of Secret of Mana, Toejam and Earl (the first one primarily, though the sequel isn't too bad either), or any of the SNES DKC games (if you don't mind the tag team element).

EDIT: I just remembered, I think the original DKC trilogy isn't on the Shop channel anymore...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 5 games for the Wii U and I like Fifa. It is the one I play the most. TTT2 is good also. Whatever you do. do not get Madden. That game online plays so dog gone fast like you like you pressing fast forward on your tv. Avoid at all cost.

bread's done
Back