Need Some Help on Report about the Internet

AlbinoNinja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
For my English class' final, everyone has to write an article and do a presentation on a controversial issue. At first, I was considering doing net neutrality, but after doing some research, I doubt I can really write something interesting/thought provoking on what is essentially a battle between corporations.

My topic, as far as my teacher knows, has to do with the internet, but I'm having trouble thinking of a debatable subject that everyone can relate to (someone else is already doing piracy). I was thinking internet censorship, but it isn't a major problem in the US (as far as I could find)

Does anyone have any advice for a controversial issue involving the internet?

There is a bill in act for making users pay for internet radio. The main debat is that if regular radio is free to all who own a radio, why must there be a charge for internet radio.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']For my English class' final, everyone has to write an article and do a presentation on a controversial issue. At first, I was considering doing net neutrality, but after doing some research, I doubt I can really write something interesting/thought provoking on what is essentially a battle between corporations.

My topic, as far as my teacher knows, has to do with the internet, but I'm having trouble thinking of a debatable subject that everyone can relate to (someone else is already doing piracy). I was thinking internet censorship, but it isn't a major problem in the US (as far as I could find)

Does anyone have any advice for a controversial issue involving the internet?[/QUOTE]
Do net neutrality, I can't imagine how you couldn't write something interesting about it. I did a 10 minute presentation on it for a class last year and there was more than enough information to use on the subject. It's an an easy subject to relate to the audience (I'm assuming high school students) as well.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Do net neutrality, I can't imagine how you couldn't write something interesting about it. I did a 10 minute presentation on it for a class last year and there was more than enough information to use on the subject. It's an an easy subject to relate to the audience (I'm assuming high school students) as well.[/QUOTE]
Although I feel that the subject is interesting, and I could relate how it would affect students easily, I feel like it wouldn't be controversial enough. Everyone is supposed to discuss and debate the argument afterward.

If I just talked about how bad internet discrimination would be, then everyone would agree that corporations are bad and neutrality is good.

If I develop both sides, about how major sites would mainly be affected and it would mean "cheaper prices," then it would just sound like an argument between big business and consumers aren't really affected.

I do have one article about how discrimination will "clean up" the internet. If I can't find anything better, I will probably just focus my paper on Net Neutrality as an example of keeping the net free vs. making the net more efficient and useful.

bread's done
Back