Need some help, re: 360 performance

slimpip

CAGiversary!
Disclaimer: I'm not sure if this is normal operation for the 360 or not so don't get all fanboy on me.

I sent my 360 in for repair back in May (DVD drive failure) and since I got it back, its performance seems... sluggish. For example, turning on the 360 via the wireless controller or media remote always takes at least 15 seconds to get to the 360 startup logo and sound (sometimes it takes up to 30-45 seconds). The "ring of light" just flashes during the 15 seconds.

Also, from time to time, the 360 doesn't even recognize the wireless controller and I have to turn on a second controller to get the first one recognized (this confuses me). And now, Bioshock locks up for 2 seconds at a time every minute or so (unlock framerate is off, and it doesn't matter how much action is on screen when this happens - although when there is more action it does lockup more frequently).

Basically, I need to know if the startup lag is normal. It doesn't bother me, but I want to make sure my 360 isn't on its last leg either - especially with Halo 3 around the corner.

Are there some nice CAG's who will take some rough estimates of a startup or two of their console and report it back here for comparison? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

The Bioshock issue just sounds like the caching problem that everyone is having. Look up on the web how to clear your cache for that game and it should fix it (it did for me at least).

As far as the sluggish startup, I have no idea what that indicates.

Thanks for that tidbit :) I've been busy the past couple weeks and completely missed the cache/patch problem with Bioshock.

At startup, is it taking that long for the 360 to just turn on, or does it turn on and take that long to hit the startup screen?

Mine usually takes maybe 2-3 seconds to pick up the controller and turn on, and generally less than 5 seconds more for the startup screen. Occasionally the system won't pick up the controller for a while, but that's all.

And for comparison, my system is a 2-month old Elite.

[quote name='Callandor']At startup, is it taking that long for the 360 to just turn on, or does it turn on and take that long to hit the startup screen?

Mine usually takes maybe 2-3 seconds to pick up the controller and turn on, and generally less than 5 seconds more for the startup screen. Occasionally the system won't pick up the controller for a while, but that's all.

And for comparison, my system is a 2-month old Elite.[/QUOTE]

The system actually turns on because I can hear the fans kick in and the power button lights up. Then, it just idles for 15-20 seconds and the startup splash screen appears.

Thanks for the help.

[quote name='slimpip']The system actually turns on because I can hear the fans kick in and the power button lights up. Then, it just idles for 15-20 seconds and the startup splash screen appears.

Thanks for the help.[/quote]

After reading this again, it did remind of a few times after system updates where my system would do the same thing you are describing (turn on but not actually boot up for a good 20 seconds). It only happens once after the update though and then boots up normally every other time.

bread's done
Back