Need some help with Buzz controllers

jetsaredim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Ok, so I picked up a set of PS3 Buzz Quiz TV buzzer controllers ($4.99 used @ Gamestop). Anyway, I can't seem to get them to sync and be recognized on my PS3. I've done some searching around on various forums and the Google and what little info I've found hasn't helped. Does anyone have any suggestions about getting these things sync'd?

Basically, I've gotten them so they are all solid blue light, then hit the sync button on the dongle and they all flash and then no lights are on (neither on the buzzers or dongle). I thought this meant it was set, but the game is not recognizing the controllers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Did GS sell you the USB adapter that comes with the wireless Buzzers? There should have been a USB adapter that you place in the USB ports and the controllers are functional once the Buzz game loads.

Unfortunately the Buzz buzzers aren't Bluetooth (unlike other PS3 controllers/remotes) which is why the USB transmitter is needed for the controllers to be wireless. Hope this helps.

Hopefully, the USB dongle is from the same set that the wireless Buzzers were packaged in. I have 2 sets of Buzz controllers and I have found that each USB works only with the buzzers that they were originally packaged with.

That's the only trouble with buying stuff used from GS, is getting everything in working condition. Hopefully, everything works out for you.

[quote name='FrankTheFrowner']Have you tried this? It worked for my buddy... http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Buzz-Games/Buzz-Controller-Sync-Activating-Problems/m-p/38996925[/QUOTE]

Just tried this and it doesn't seem to have worked. I get as far as hitting the sync button on the dongle and all of the buzzers start blinking. When I hit the buttons again to get them turned "on" and ready to start the game, but still get the error about no buzzers bring connected when i load up the game.

Also, according to the manual for the buzzers, you should be able to sync any four buzzers to any given receiver.

bread's done
Back