Need Some Paypal Help

lilchubz11

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I recently just sold my iPhone on ebay. I thought all was going well. The buyer even sent me a message saying he/she go the phone and loves it. Now two weeks later, the buyer opens up a paypal dispute as "item not as described". I ask the buyer whats wrong with the phone and he just says its not working correctly. I asked him again "whats EXACTLY(in caps) wrong with the phone" and I get the same answer. I think this guy is trying to pull something here. He probably broke it or doesn't want it anymore and is trying to get his money back.
Who will paypal side with?
Please Help.
thanks in advance

That's a tough one, back in the day paypal would have sided with you 100% of the time as long as you had a tracking number showing it was delivered to him. Now though, their policy is seriously messed up. If your auction didn't say anything about "as is" or "no guarantees" or something along those lines there is a chance that they will force you to give him a refund and he will return the item to you. It's totally messed up, I've had it happen to me a few times with people who bought something and ended up "not liking it" so they bs'd it and said it wasn't as described. Paypal has no idea, so sides with the buyer =(. Not saying for sure they will this time, but I wouldn't be surprised. If you want to, post your auction URL and I'll see if I see anything in the wording that could either guarantee you are ok or visa verse =(.

Hope this helps,

Tim

Keep your emails and make sure you show them that you've contacted him and that he has failed to let you know what the problem is.

[quote name='mike.m']Keep your emails and make sure you show them that you've contacted him and that he has failed to let you know what the problem is.[/quote]

What he said. I always keep dc, and everything like that just incase. There is alot of stupid people on ebay that do that on purpose.

It's hard to predict what Paypal would do sometimes, but I mean, you have emails where the buyer says everything's fine, then suddenly it stopped working. The guy probably dropped it so it stopped working.

Is it still under warranty?

Now the guy said he fixed for phone for 40 bucks and he wants me to give him 20 for it and he will end the dispute. I said whatever and just gave him 20 bucks to leave me the **** alone.
Hope thats the last I hear from him.
I took all my money out, so if anything happens ill just never use paypal again.

damnit lilchubz11, we don't negotiate with terrorists ;)

I think he stiffed you, but I guess paying him off was probably a safer bet anyway. What's his ID so I can block him?

Ya for real, give us his ID and we can all block him. Also, has he canceled the reversal? Otherwise the $20 may have been for naught =

bread's done
Back