Need some pricing help on a Dreamcast

lllGurulll

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Don't know if this is the right forum or not so MODs please feel free to move it where it belongs if it isn't.

I have the following....

Black Sega Sports console and black controller with AV and RF hookups.
2 white controllers
2 Virtual Memory Units (VMU)
1 Rumble Memory Unit
1 Memory Unit
1 Fishing controller
2 controller extentions

Games
NFL 2K2
Mortal Kombat Gold
Looney Tunes Space Race
Donald Ducks Goin Quackers
Air Force Delta
Web Browser 2.0
Reel Fishing Wild

What would be a fair price to ask for all of this?

[quote name='JoeJohn']about $93[/QUOTE]
I think I could get that if I sold everything separately but I don't want to go that route.
[quote name='Malik112099']If he's lucky....I would guess around $55-$70[/QUOTE]
I was thinking about $50 so it sounds like I should consider more.

Thanks to both of you.

Yeah, I have a full white unit, 2 controllers, 2 VMU's all sitting in the official flat carrying case..I can't imagine letting it go, but I can't see it going for more than $50. I really want to see the person that has every console hooked up to his TV..that would take some major A/V switchers. I have like 8 systems in a closet, with 3 current gen and a PS2 hooked up already..

[quote name='token2k6']Yeah, I have a full white unit, 2 controllers, 2 VMU's all sitting in the official flat carrying case..I can't imagine letting it go, but I can't see it going for more than $50. I really want to see the person that has every console hooked up to his TV..that would take some major A/V switchers. I have like 8 systems in a closet, with 3 current gen and a PS2 hooked up already..[/QUOTE]

Oh it can be done, but it is not pretty. I'm using those stackable cubes that I got a few years ago pack in college to hold all my sytems. It two cubes by three cubes and you can fit a system or two in each one.

I have an 8 person system selector plus a 360 and dreamcast hooked up through VGA. Systems hooked up:

PS3
Wii
Dreamcast
N64
SNES
NES
Sega/Sega CD
Japanese PS2
Saturn

But sadly even though they are all hooked up through a jungle of scary wires I only use the three main ones 99% of the time so I'm actually going to take the whole mess apart probably this afternoon or tomorrow and just keep the current 3 hooked up.

Also, I was playing DDR the other day and I got slightly scared that the whole tower was going to go tumbling down upon itself. So it is probably for the best.

hope that went well Dokstarr! Sounds like a nice collection. I just had to do that last weekend b/c they replaced our carpet. Went thru have a container of anti-static wipes. Got dust off everything, even each individual cable!

No more than $50. People always overestimate; the games are essentially worthless, so your best chance is someone who wants all of the hardware. If you sell separately you'll be lucky to clear $35 after selling costs.

[quote name='donkeydrop']No more than $50. People always overestimate; the games are essentially worthless, so your best chance is someone who wants all of the hardware. If you sell separately you'll be lucky to clear $35 after selling costs.[/QUOTE]

What? MK Gold is actually one of the rarer titles in the Dreamcast library. It routinely sells for $20+. $50 is a very reasonable price to set this at.

[quote name='donkeydrop']No more than $50. People always overestimate; the games are essentially worthless, so your best chance is someone who wants all of the hardware. If you sell separately you'll be lucky to clear $35 after selling costs.[/QUOTE]

actually, some DC games are fairly rare and can command a formidable price. Project Justice is one such game.

[quote name='token2k6']Yeah, I have a full white unit, 2 controllers, 2 VMU's all sitting in the official flat carrying case..I can't imagine letting it go, but I can't see it going for more than $50. I really want to see the person that has every console hooked up to his TV..that would take some major A/V switchers. I have like 8 systems in a closet, with 3 current gen and a PS2 hooked up already..[/QUOTE]

yeah - i know what you mean -- i have a DC sitting in my closet. i have 3 controllers, 2 VMUs, and a DC to PSX controller converter. Also have the Gameshark that allows me to play imports with no problems :) I have ~30 titles on the system, all bought new and still in perfect like-new condition (some still sealed). I've pondered selling the whole lot off but I have such fond memories of this system.

Anyways, here's what I've got on my DC (again, all complete):

Cannon Spike
Carrier
Chu Chu Rocket
Crazy Taxi
Dead or Alive 2
Grandia 2
Jet Grind Radio
Last Blade 2
Mark of the Wolves
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
NBA 2K1
NBA 2K2
NFL 2K
Power Stone 2
Project Justice
Puzzle Fighter for Matching Service [Import from Japan]
Resident Evil Code Veronica [w/ official strategy guide]
Sega Bass Fishing
Shenmue 1
Shenmue 2 [Import from UK, PAL]
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Soul Calibur 1
Space Channel 5
Space Channel 5 Part 2 [Import from Japan, with pre-order Ulala Clock, sealed]
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike [Import from Japan, Sealed]
Tech Romancer
Tennis 2K2
The Golf Game [Import from Japan]
Toy Commander
Virtua Tennis

If you do sell that, make sure you sell your games seperately. You have a lot of desirable games so selling your collection together would not be the best option.

[quote name='Doomstink']If you do sell that, make sure you sell your games seperately. You have a lot of desirable games so selling your collection together would not be the best option.[/QUOTE]

Yeah -- that's probably the way I'll do it -- if I do it ;-)

I remember way back in College when I saw the first videos of RE Code Veronica and Soul Calibur -- man, was I drooling for this system then. Didn't care what the skeptics said about its chances for survival. As a Capcom fan, all I needed was dedicated Capcom support and Capcom made that very clear from the getgo.

Project Justice was my favorite game. Some think Capcom never did psuedo 3-D fighting well until SF4 (at least well anyways, not counting that horrible EX title). They would be wrong. Project Justice did it far before SF4 and dare I say, did it exactly right. :)

[quote name='romeogbs19']Yeah -- that's probably the way I'll do it -- if I do it ;-)
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, from the look of your collection, I didn't think you would sell it. You've got to be a big Dreamcast fan to own Shenmue II. I got lucky and found a PAL copy of it at a PnT store for $15 a while back. Right now I've got about 60 complete DC games with my collection still growing. If it ever came down to it, my DC collection is really the only one I'd never part with.

And yes, Project Justice is a fantastic game. That's another one I was very lucky to have found ($4.50 at a pawn shop) considering I couldn't even locate a copy shortly after the game came out. My friend and I have dumped hours into that game's multiplayer.

Nice collection of games u have for the dreamcast. I loved the concept of a black dreamcast for the exception of the huge Sega sports logo on it:roll:

Good luck on the sale

[quote name='Doomstink']Yeah, from the look of your collection, I didn't think you would sell it. You've got to be a big Dreamcast fan to own Shenmue II. I got lucky and found a PAL copy of it at a PnT store for $15 a while back. Right now I've got about 60 complete DC games with my collection still growing. If it ever came down to it, my DC collection is really the only one I'd never part with.

And yes, Project Justice is a fantastic game. That's another one I was very lucky to have found ($4.50 at a pawn shop) considering I couldn't even locate a copy shortly after the game came out. My friend and I have dumped hours into that game's multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Amazing prices for both of them. I picked up Project Justice when J&R had the game on clearance a long time ago. Picked up the PAL version of Shenmue II while I was studying abroad in London. I loved Shenmue 1 and when I heard Sega was no longer releasing it stateside, I read up on the compatibility information and learned I could play it on my NTSC DC as long as I had a Gameshark or DC-X. Thus, picked one up while I was there at an EB Games. Man, remember those?

Yeah, I think among my game collections, the DC is one I cherish -- still, if I had to pick, I think I like my SNES collection the most, albeit it's probably not worth much minus the Super Metroid I have that's practically brand new.

hell id give 40 for just the dc the controllers (all of them) and memory units and the fishing game, have 2 dcs here but only sega bass fighing 2 but my fishing controller broke

bread's done
Back