need some vita file transfer assistance

juubei1i

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So I've only had the vita a few months and want to finally transfer my Tearaway file from the Vita to my PS3. I plan on selling Tearaway (great game, but not much replayability) but want to hold onto the file in case there's DLC or it's free on PS+ or something.

Never transferred file before. Memory card is in Vita. Hooked up to PS3 with USB.
I go to Vita Content Manager. PS3 System. Vita to PS3. I select the whole Tearaway file and hit copy.

BUT WHERE IS IT ON PS3? I cannot find it anywhere. I redo the vita steps and it says I already have the file and do I want to copy over. So it must have worked but I can't visibly see it anywhere.

I feel stupid. Any assistance is appreciated. I do not want to save this on the cloud. I could save on a flash drive if necessary but I have a TB on the PS3 so I'd prefer to have it there.

You have ps+?

Why mess with that, just upload it to the cloud.

I have never transferred to ps3, so cant really help you out there, but the ps+ upload service is super simple and never have to worry about it.

With the PSP there is some kind of safe file manager thing on the PS3, it''s near the top on the game tab up with game data and the virtual memory card slots.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll never done this with saves personally but when I copy games from my vita to the PS3 they don't show up anywhere on the PS3 itself. Only in the content manager app on PS vita do I see PS vita copied content on the PS3.  Im guessing saves work the same way. To make sure it copied over just connect your vita to your PS3, open the content manager app, select PS3>PS vita transfer and see if the save files are there. 

You have ps+?

Why mess with that, just upload it to the cloud.

I have never transferred to ps3, so cant really help you out there, but the ps+ upload service is super simple and never have to worry about it.
Can't seem to turn off strikethroug for some reason. Stupid computer. I don't post to cloud because I may not have PS+ forever but I'm not planning on ever getting rid of my PS3 or Vita. Its just my preference.

I'll never done this with saves personally but when I copy games from my vita to the PS3 they don't show up anywhere on the PS3 itself. Only in the content manager app on PS vita do I see PS vita copied content on the PS3. Im guessing saves work the same way. To make sure it copied over just connect your vita to your PS3, open the content manager app, select PS3>PS vita transfer and see if the save files are there.
Thanks for your response. This is what I needed to hear.

bread's done
Back