need speaker cable

Hunter55

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
im putting together my surround sound system and i need some cable (about 45 feet to be exact, 3 15 ft runs) im looking mainly at 14 guage, although i'll take lower guage if its cheaper. i tried bluejeanscable but their 14 guage is sold out, and im tring to see if i can find anything cheaper (i found monster cable 14 guage .33 a foot, but thats on ebay so im also holding out on that)

Seriously, speaker cable is all the same (there are countless studys out there) unless you are driving serious power (like 500+ watts/channel). Do yourself a favor, go to home depot, buy 14 ga lamp cord at $0.11/ft, and buy a game or two with all the money you will save.

Saw the Monster Cable XPHP 20-ft for $18 clearance at Radio Shack. These have the tip connectors at the ends.

Another secret if your worried that your cable needs to be bigger than the actual power cord powering your home theatre system! Is to run a smaller 16 or 18 guage pair to each positive and negative.

Just strip and twist the ends together and run a pair to each positive lead and a pair to each negative lead. Normally you can get it cheaper and actually carry more current with less resistance this way.

I would also say Home Depot or similar store they sell speaker cable by the foot in two areas.

bread's done
Back