Need the help of any Chicago CAGs

erehwon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Do you guys know of any small game or used music stores that would carry imported game soundtracks? I'm looking for the Valkyrie Profile OST. It's out of print and I'm looking small import stores that might some how still have a copy of this. It's doubtful though. I chicago might have more of a chance of having this type of store than Indy. I'm kicking myself for missing the chance to pick it up from the one online retailer that had it. Don't mention checking ebay for it. If there is one, it's most likely to be a bootleg.

I doubt I'm going to find it unless I ask someone in Japan to keep an eye open at used music stores over there.

High Score Video Games
6352 W. 95th St.
Oak Lawn, IL
708-598-7529

They MIGHT be able to help you - give them a call.

The Stratford Mall has a store called I believe Too Cool, that carries tons of imported cds, so if you have a Too Cool in your mall check that out, if not and if your close then take a drive here, because when I went here a couple weeks ago they had a nice selection of imported game music cds.

152 Stratford Square
Bloomingdale, Illinois 60108

[quote name='Jackalope']High Score Video Games
6352 W. 95th St.
Oak Lawn, IL
708-598-7529

They MIGHT be able to help you - give them a call.[/QUOTE]

It closed down around July. They just have the sign up there now.

[quote name='Jackalope']High Score Video Games
6352 W. 95th St.
Oak Lawn, IL
708-598-7529

They MIGHT be able to help you - give them a call.[/QUOTE]

Out of Business, sorry.

yeah hi-score is gone. you can try the mitsuwa stores. there's one in arlington heights and one around clark and belmont (i'm sorry i don't know the exact addresses, maybe someone else does?). these stores are pretty much japanese toy stores w/ region-free and region 3 movies as well as soundtracks, anime, posters, scrolls, etc. a pretty sweet place.

[quote name='erifsievol']yeah hi-score is gone. you can try the mitsuwa stores. there's one in arlington heights and one around clark and belmont (i'm sorry i don't know the exact addresses, maybe someone else does?). these stores are pretty much japanese toy stores w/ region-free and region 3 movies as well as soundtracks, anime, posters, scrolls, etc. a pretty sweet place.[/QUOTE]

Mitsuwa Marketplace is at 100 E. Algonquin Rd in Arlington Heights. Inside the building is a Asahiya Bookstore. They sell Japanese release albums. Down the street at the corner of Golf Rd and Arlington Heights Rd is JP Gift (Used to be inside Mitsuwa). Like Too Cool, you can find Taiwanese releases. To be honest, I'd say just get a Tw release. From what I understand Ever Anime has been paying royalties for awhile now. SonMay apparently does now as well.

Thanks for the info. These stores probably don't have a web site or email. I was wanting to avoid long distance calls if possible. Atleast I have a few ideas of places to check. If the gas prices weren't so high, I'd be tempted to take a trip out there sometime.

[quote name='Prepster']The Stratford Mall has a store called I believe Too Cool, that carries tons of imported cds, so if you have a Too Cool in your mall check that out, if not and if your close then take a drive here, because when I went here a couple weeks ago they had a nice selection of imported game music cds.

152 Stratford Square
Bloomingdale, Illinois 60108[/QUOTE]

Actually, I have a too cool in my mall (Naperville) and it's all bootleg stuff. So that's a bust.

[quote name='erehwon']Thanks for the info. These stores probably don't have a web site or email. I was wanting to avoid long distance calls if possible. Atleast I have a few ideas of places to check. If the gas prices weren't so high, I'd be tempted to take a trip out there sometime.[/QUOTE]
http://www.recordbreakers.net/

[quote name='Chacrana']Actually, I have a too cool in my mall (Naperville) and it's all bootleg stuff. So that's a bust.[/QUOTE]

Ah dam, had no idea, glad I didn't buy anything from there then. Thanks!

bread's done
Back