Need to find out how to donate (sell) blood/plasma

sailorchrono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
Hi everyone, I'm in a bit of a tight spot (no, this money isn't to be used to fuel my drug addiction. I'm a student and I need to buy books) and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can donate/sell blood in Orange County, CA? I tried to do the search and I saw Redeema talking about them, but no other details. I googled stuff like "Blood bank, Orange County/sell blood/donate blood" but none of them turned up any useful links (I'll give blood for free to CHOC and the like when I'm not in such dire need of money).

Also, if anyone knows ways of making money with one time things (I'm already doing focus groups, convention centers, and I'm trying to get into clinical trials, but I don't know where to look for them beyond Craigslist, and most of them look like scams), please let me know. I currently am not in a position to hold a job because I'm taking such intense classes at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='sailorchrono']Hi everyone, I'm in a bit of a tight spot (no, this money isn't to be used to fuel my drug addiction. I'm a student and I need to buy books) and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can donate/sell blood in Orange County, CA? I tried to do the search and I saw Redeema talking about them, but no other details. I googled stuff like "Blood bank, Orange County/sell blood/donate blood" but none of them turned up any useful links (I'll give blood for free to CHOC and the like when I'm not in such dire need of money).

Also, if anyone knows ways of making money with one time things (I'm already doing focus groups, convention centers, and I'm trying to get into clinical trials, but I don't know where to look for them beyond Craigslist, and most of them look like scams), please let me know. I currently am not in a position to hold a job because I'm taking such intense classes at the moment.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

How much money do you need? I don't think they pay a lot for blood, probably just easier to get a crappy job, work a week, and then quit.

I donated plasma years ago, they allow you to go twice a week, you get paid something like 50-60 bucks a week... since they are not taking actual blood, you are able to go every week... depending on the amount of people there it may take anywhere from 1-3 hours a donation, alot of the time spent waiting. The actual process may take anywhere from 35minutes to over an hour. If I can recall the amount you donate is dictated by your weight. But everyone is paid the same. Just be sure to drink plenty of water before and after and avoid fatty foods because they will slow the process down

Do a search for plasma centers in your area

Ah, I haven't searched for blood banks yet, thanks ;

I think I'll pass on selling other organs though ;o

And I can't sell sperm, as I don't have any ;o Eggs on the other hand..

[quote name='SpazX']Well you would get paid a shit-ton of money for eggs, but it's quite invasive.[/quote]

Why would you want a ton of shit?

Fun fact: Typing in shit ton into google images... not what you expect.

[quote name='Magehart']Why would you want a ton of shit?

Fun fact: Typing in shit ton into google images... not what you expect.[/quote]

So I wont see big piles of shit?

[quote name='sailorchrono']Ah, I haven't searched for blood banks yet, thanks ;

I think I'll pass on selling other organs though ;o

And I can't sell sperm, as I don't have any ;o Eggs on the other hand..

Okay, I was kidding about donating eggs. I don't really think I'm quite *that* desperate to take off my clothes for money either. And hah, I googled "plasma bank orange county" and this thread was the top hit. :3

I guess that suggestion of taking a crappy job for one week may be my only hope v.v

[quote name='Cracka']You get $5,000+ for donating an egg. Women crank one of these bad boys out every month, little do they know they could be rich. While on the other hand we get like $50 for sperm. Best believe i'd be donating eggs if i was a girl.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17216857/[/quote]

Well, since the MD is not going to wait around for natural ovulation, they use agents to stimulate ovulation... as a result, multiple eggs are released and harvested. This is not exactly a physiological process and may carry both acute and long term risks, which have not been studied too well. I would not recommend for females to do this purely for $; the risks may outweigh the rewards.

I also don't support egg harvesting because I believe that we should adopt orphans rather than bringing even more children into the world through means such at this.

Futhermore, in addition to what BigT said, we only have a set number of eggs in our body. I forgo what the number is around (it's thousands), but nonetheless. Men are constantly going to be producing sperm throughout their lifetime, while women have all their eggs from birth.

As an aside:
Basically, females are born with several millions of primordial follicles (precursors of the "eggs" which are later released during ovulation). Of note, these develop while the female is in her mother's womb... implying that the environment of a person's maternal grandmother's womb is quite important.

After puberty and throughout early adulthood, this number steadily decreases from 300,000 to 100,000... and down to about 10,000 or so by the age of 40. The average age of menopause is about 51 yrs, at which time follicles are generally absent. A corollary of this is that one can reasonably expect to get pregnant successfully until the early 40s; after that, it's difficult.

If you think about it, only about 300-400 of these follicles develop and are released during ovulation during one's reproductive years... the process is selective or inefficient, depending on how you look at it...

That said, the effect of ovulation induction of this whole scheme is not fully known: some studies have shown that it may bring about menopause somewhat earlier. Other studies have shown a slightly increased risk of ovarian cancer (a very nasty cancer)... but the situation is unclear.

Now back to the topic of earning money quickly, which I know nothing about... :)

Grifols
Biomat USA, Inc.
612 West Katella Ave.
Anaheim, CA
714-639-2323

They pay $50 per donation and you can donate up to 2X per week. You have to get your blood tested and wait about a month before you donate so they know your blood is clean. I hear if you donate 8X/month you could get a $100 bonus!

[quote name='sailorchrono']I also don't support egg harvesting because I believe that we should adopt orphans rather than bringing even more children into the world through means such at this.[/quote]

Agreed

Oh and most of these blood donation places require you get your blood tested and that takes about a month...

[quote name='mchica']Grifols
Biomat USA, Inc.
612 West Katella Ave.
Anaheim, CA
714-639-2323

They pay $50 per donation and you can donate up to 2X per week. You have to get your blood tested and wait about a month before you donate so they know your blood is clean. I hear if you donate 8X/month you could get a $100 bonus![/quote]

My God my husband is getting robbed then. He only gets $20 per donation here in Wisconsin.

bread's done
Back