Need to fix my car's taillight

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!
I bought a new taillight off of ebay for my 2000 civic. Anyone know a good "how to" website that will give me some guidance on how to install it?

[quote name='pinebarrens']I bought a new taillight off of ebay for my 2000 civic. Anyone know a good "how to" website that will give me some guidance on how to install it?[/QUOTE]

this thread could just go so many different ways

i'm going to go pop some corn and watch this one develop

anybody need anything from the kitchen?

[quote name='PKRipp3r']this thread could just go so many different ways

i'm going to go pop some corn and watch this one develop

anybody need anything from the kitchen?[/quote]

Pop Tarts, plzkthx

[quote name='PKRipp3r']
anybody need anything from the kitchen?[/QUOTE]

beer me

OP there should be screws on the tailight you might have to open your trunk and unscrew it from the back. But thats all thats required.

[quote name='pinebarrens']I bought a new taillight off of ebay for my 2000 civic. Anyone know a good "how to" website that will give me some guidance on how to install it?[/QUOTE]

Usually the owner's manual has a section that guides you through simple maintenance tasks like replacing tail lights. There's probably a bolt or two inside the trunk behind where the light is. You'll likely need a metric socket wrench to remove them. The compartment should pop right open, giving you access to the tail light.

Before doing this, I strongly recommend putting a bandana around your forehead, cracking a beer and setting it on a paper towel on the roof of your car, and blasting Whitesnake from a boom box. Tends to make the process go even easier if you've got an absurdly large tool kit next to you on the ground.

Good luck out there!

[quote name='CitizenB']beer me

OP there should be screws on the tailight you might have to open your trunk and unscrew it from the back. But thats all thats required.[/QUOTE]

*throws cold can across the room like a hail mary*

i got the pop tarts too

so far i like this thread

[quote name='Cormier6083']The haynes manual ftw.

Can I have some c00kies?[/QUOTE]

they're in the 2nd cabinet past the fridge, inbetween the slim fast and the methadone

[quote name='PKRipp3r']they're in the 2nd cabinet past the fridge, inbetween the slim fast and the methadone[/quote]

Mmmm..... yummy.

[quote name='SIUfan']Can I get some tequila and a beer?[/QUOTE]

tequila - no
beer - yes

but i do have some peppermint schnapps you can mack on

bread's done
Back