Need to know the return policy for Best Buy please!

Dunvane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Like the title says, just wanna know how many days you have to return things to Best Buy.

I'm planning on buying a 360 in the next couple of days, and I want to know what the normal return policy is incase there are any problems besides red ring of death, as microsoft covers that for 3 years, and I really, really don't want to buy the protection plan.

Thanks!

I'm not really that worried about problems with it, I just wanted to be prepared ahead of time for whenever they start trying to add crap into the sale like the protection plan. It's always possible to have some fluke-thing wrong with it, you know.

Thanks for the speedy answer!

Actually, Best Buy's product replacement plan is pretty darn good. MS covers it for 3 years which is nice but you're stuck with the turn around time. My friend's got a RRoD on his 360 recently and it took 3 weeks for them to ship him a box, get the system, and then send it back. With the BB one, you just bring the system back and they give you a new one. Heck, you can buy one now and when the 65nm Falcons hit the Premium in larger supplies, you can bring it back then, claim it's broken and get the new revision. Or if you just don't want the system anymore, return it and get what you paid back in the form of a gift card.

How long does the replacement plan last on 360's, then?

And there's not a Costco here in East Tennessee. Wish it weren't so...

[quote name='orochi']Actually, Best Buy's product replacement plan is pretty darn good. MS covers it for 3 years which is nice but you're stuck with the turn around time. My friend's got a RRoD on his 360 recently and it took 3 weeks for them to ship him a box, get the system, and then send it back. With the BB one, you just bring the system back and they give you a new one. Heck, you can buy one now and when the 65nm Falcons hit the Premium in larger supplies, you can bring it back then, claim it's broken and get the new revision. Or if you just don't want the system anymore, return it and get what you paid back in the form of a gift card.[/quote]

Kind of, BB plan will only go into effect after the Microsoft Warranty is done. EX you get RRoD and take it back, they have Geek Squid check it out, They turn it on see RRoD then tell you Microsoft has a 3 year warranty on this repair you have to take it to them.

This is my main hatred of the Replacement plan it's on top of whatever the manufactures warranty is. So if you bought say a Sony TV that has a One year warranty then bought the BB plan for 3 years your truly only covered for 2.

I have had to replace my 360 twice for the RRoD. The first one after about 10 months, at the time the warranty was only 90 days. The second one died about 4 months later, after the warranty had been extended to 1 year. Both times I just walked into Best Buy and get a new one. They never suggested sending the second one into Microsoft even though it was still under warranty. I suppose this could be a YMMV.

[quote name='bmsdaddy']I have had to replace my 360 twice for the RRoD. The first one after about 10 months, at the time the warranty was only 90 days. The second one died about 4 months later, after the warranty had been extended to 1 year. Both times I just walked into Best Buy and get a new one. They never suggested sending the second one into Microsoft even though it was still under warranty. I suppose this could be a YMMV.[/quote]

Must be my BB is hardcore about it, this happened to my buddy he tried taking his back it to BB and they told him " Microsoft has a three year warranty for this repair you need to call them" . Same thing happened with my First iPod (mini) the screen went dark after about 4 months I took it in and was told I had to go to Apple first because I was still under there warranty.

bread's done
Back