Need to ship a rock band 2 special edition bundle. please help!

slowdive21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hi all,

I would like to ship a rock band 2 special edition bundle and I am having trouble finding a box.

Has anyone shipped one of these? What carrier did you use?

thanks in advance!

They RB2 package I won from Pepsi can in a very thin cardboard shell that had fitted snugly over the package. If you've repacked it the way it came, I don't see why if you taped it up well you couldn't ship it that way.

[quote name='Lice']Tip of the day: Go to a place that sells boxes.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, already tried that and they do not have one that is over 30 inches on one side. Tip of the day fuck off.

[quote name='FLSHADOW74']They RB2 package I won from Pepsi can in a very thin cardboard shell that had fitted snugly over the package. If you've repacked it the way it came, I don't see why if you taped it up well you couldn't ship it that way.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to protect the outer shell from getting damaged, so I was hoping to double box it.

[quote name='slowdive21']
I wanted to protect the outer shell from getting damaged, so I was hoping to double box it.[/QUOTE]

if you are double boxing it, and can't find a big enough box, i've made frankenstein boxes before. Just tape them well. It may look ugly, but if you do it right, it'll be fine.

Another option is wrapping it in very heavy paper. And then maybe wrapping it again in the same paper.

[quote name='mang9432']if you are double boxing it, and can't find a big enough box, i've made frankenstein boxes before. Just tape them well. It may look ugly, but if you do it right, it'll be fine.

Another option is wrapping it in very heavy paper. And then maybe wrapping it again in the same paper.[/QUOTE]

I think I will have to make a Frankenbox. I went to TRU, BB, and Target to see if they had any large boxes or Beatles RB boxes, but neither had any.

I tried the paper route, but fedex will not allow me to ship that way. :(

UPS probably won't let you ship brown paper either - it goes through conveyor belts, and will likely get ripped off (taking the address and label with it). Have fun, it's not going to be cheap.

[quote name='slowdive21']I think I will have to make a Frankenbox. I went to TRU, BB, and Target to see if they had any large boxes or Beatles RB boxes, but neither had any.

I tried the paper route, but fedex will not allow me to ship that way. :([/QUOTE]

Have you tried specific shipping places, like a UPS store or a postnet? They tend to have more box sizes than just the ones they have at target, walmart, etc.

this is why i save every box that i get, i break them down and store them in the laundry room, I have any box size for anything.

[quote name='pinoy530']Have you tried specific shipping places, like a UPS store or a postnet? They tend to have more box sizes than just the ones they have at target, walmart, etc.[/QUOTE]
This. I know we carry a 36x20x15, but it's not cheap (shipping supplies are ridiculous). Show your AAA card though, and you'll get 15% off. Might be cheaper to buy two 18x18x18's and tape them together.

Keep in mind that UPS charges dimensional weights - even if it weighs 20lbs, certain box sizes will bill you at considerably more based on what the size "should" weigh.

I was able to ship it fully insured for $17 through fedex. I used 2 slimfast boxes from Costco or Sams club and made a frankenbox. It was a tight fit!

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. :)

The frustrating part: I literally have every box I have received for the last 5 or 6 years and I didn't have one that fit it!

bread's done
Back