need usb sound card

rly723

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
so my laptop hard drive crashed on me, i got a new hard drive, everything worked fine, except it says no audio device detected, no sound at all, just beeping when i click sometimes. the sigmatel ac97 audio drivers wont install either. so the cheapest might be to get an external/usb sound card, any help with this?

Where did you get the sigmatel AC97 drivers from? Are you certain that particular driver will work with your sound card, ie. have you installed that exact one in the past without problems? Also, if you are on XP are you at SP2? Sometimes newer drivers cry when they are attempted to be applied to an older maintenance level xp box.

[quote name='elchbulle']Where did you get the sigmatel AC97 drivers from? Are you certain that particular driver will work with your sound card, ie. have you installed that exact one in the past without problems? Also, if you are on XP are you at SP2? Sometimes newer drivers cry when they are attempted to be applied to an older maintenance level xp box.[/QUOTE]

yeah i'm using SP 2, this audio issue just started when my HD crashed and was then replaced. i did a clean reinstall twice and those audio drivers are the only think that wont install. i first got the drivers from the resource cd and the later tried DL them directly from dell's website.

bread's done
Back