Negative Wherehouse.com Experience

paramount

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
About a week ago it was posted that Wherehouse had Super Smash Brothers Melee for $13.99 (used) on their website. Having wanted to try it out before, but never specifically looking for it, I decided to go for the deal. Since I know I will pay shipping and tax I decided I might as well consolidate the order with some other media I was intending to buy online in the future. When I placed the order for SSBM and the other items, SSBM was in stock.

However, when I checked yesterday on the status of my order I found that SSBM had been cancelled without any notification and the other items were shipped. It is simply bad customer service to not notify via email or any other method that an item has been cancelled from the order. In this case, I wouldn't have purchased anything had SSBM not been on sale. I wrote an email detailing my concerns to customer service hoping for at the very least an explanation on their policies. What I recieved instead was a form email instructing me how to return an item.

Now, I realize Wherehouse.com has some good deals sometimes. Furthermore, their used items arrive in proper condition. But when you run through the customer service issues, it simply is not worth it for me. Of course, experiences vary but I simply wanted to offer mine.

cheers

Yep, their online inventory system sucks cock so it's not uncommon for items in your order to get cancelled with no active notification. They DO have good prices and above average quality assurance so it's not so bad if you do a big order of multiple items whenever they run a sale so even if they cancel a lot of them you're still left with something.

I wouldn't mind except for the fact that the other items were secondary. Hey, if it works for them, fine. But when I place an order on items that are in stock (and not saying something like 'only 2 left') it's only fair to expect that. One less e-customer for them.

yeah, same thing happend to me- they had Digital Devil Saga in stock, bought that, went out and bought DDS2 @ full price (well 39.99), then find out that DDS was cancelled.

bread's done
Back