Neo Geo, MSX to Virtual Console? Looks like it

Strell

CAGiversary!
Feedback
288 (100%)
Originally found on GoNintendo, NoJ's website seems to confirm this.

Course, this doesn't mean the USA will get it, and we still need an official confirmation, but this is about as close as you can get without a press release.

Thoughts?

msx....meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh.

Neo Geo....Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Neo Geo is such good news. Lets hope they sell for SNES/Genesis prices, and they don't take into account their original MSRPs. I'd love to play some Last Blade or Mark of the Wolves, and lots of other Neo Geo Fighters.

MSX isn't new for the Japanese market, at least I didn't think it was. I thought it was annouced for the Japanese VC a long time ago. Neo Geo sure would be sweet, but I'm assuming the size of Neo Geo games would be pretty large.

[quote name='lebowsky'] Neo Geo sure would be sweet, but I'm assuming the size of Neo Geo games would be pretty large.[/QUOTE]

That's what she said.

Question: Does anyone know, If you buy a Japanese Wii point card, will you be able to enter those points into your American Wii Store?

Because, i'd rather buy that Classic Controller that comes with 5000 points for a mere 5000 yen, and basically get the controller for free, rather than purchase one for $20.

i think it's somewhat unlikely these consoles will be available on the american wii since they weren't originally released in the US, but who knows. NEO GEO games were released in the states for their Arcade cabinets.

Im happy if it comes to the US but 800 points for a MSX game.... Also the two games confirmed for it, I am not familiar with, Aleste and Eggy.

[quote name='dyreschlock']i think it's somewhat unlikely these consoles will be available on the american wii since they weren't originally released in the US, but who knows. NEO GEO games were released in the states for their Arcade cabinets.[/quote]
The Neo-Geo AES was indeed released in the US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Geo_(console)#History

You may also remember it being featured on Nick Arcade, where they would often play King of the Monsters.

This is exciting news. I just don't know how I'm going to deal with trying to play all these games. There's a ton I'd love to get for SNES alone, and who knows how much memory a Neo Geo can be compressed to. Re-downloading and card swapping will be annoying later on down the line...

[quote name='evilmax17']The Neo-Geo AES was indeed released in the US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Geo_%28console%29#History

You may also remember it being featured on Nick Arcade, where they would often play King of the Monsters.[/quote] gawd, i forgot about that show...

anywho... i thought that it may had been, but couldn't remember correctly.. so much for using gamefaqs to fact check my memory. they don't have a US release date for the NEO GEO.
___

have there been any VC games released in a territory that the game hasn't been originally released into the first place, yet?

[quote name='dyreschlock']Question: Does anyone know, If you buy a Japanese Wii point card, will you be able to enter those points into your American Wii Store?

Because, i'd rather buy that Classic Controller that comes with 5000 points for a mere 5000 yen, and basically get the controller for free, rather than purchase one for $20.

i think it's somewhat unlikely these consoles will be available on the american wii since they weren't originally released in the US, but who knows. NEO GEO games were released in the states for their Arcade cabinets.[/QUOTE]

No, you will get a msg saying that your number is from the wrong region.
I tried it, sent a 1000 yen number to my friend in the States, no go unfortunately, since points are noticeably cheaper in Jpn yen.

[quote name='gigan54']two words: irritating maze :D[/quote]

AHAHA! That game is the shit! I used to work in an arcade, and I loved watching parents walk up to the game with their 4-7 year old child, thinking "Hmm...this game is about at their level. Shouldn't be too hard." Then they'd fuck up and the burst of air would hit them right in the face and they'd start crying. Ahahahahaha...memories :lol:

holy crap. all king of fighters games in onespot would make me so happy, classic controller to boot. >>ohpleasegodohpleasegodohpleasegodohpleasegodohpleasegodohpleasegodohpleasegodohpleasegod

Ok, these VC games I'd actually buy. I can emulate them as well on a PC, but would much rather have them on an actual system with TV.

But like some other people have been saying, how large will these roms be?

[quote name='dallow']But like some other people have been saying, how large will these roms be?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but I found a place that has Samurai Showdown 2 at 935.99 KB. Not sure how accurate that is, but hopefully its true. I don't want to see inferior ports of these games.

Maybe Nintendo will announce usb hard drive compatibility with the first SNK games??

Now if they can do this properly then I don't see why they cant do the saturn.
I think I will go play some real bout special on my mvs.
Burning Knuckles!

bread's done
Back