Neo Geo Pocket w/ 24 games (now with review + pictures)

nwaugh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Update - my review and pictures can be found here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111299

---

It seems that SNK has continued to dump product onto the market, and the "Neo Geo Pocket w/ 6 games" has morphed into a fat 24 game package that is being sold on ebay by the dozen. Here's an example of one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SNK-NEO-GEO-POC...ryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anybody brave enough to try this out yet? I think it's only appeared in the last few weeks, and they actually seem like pretty decent values, assuming everything works. Any opinions?

Game List:
1 Samurai Shodown 2 Cartridge
1 Puzzle Link Cartridge
1 Bust a Move Pocket Cartridge
1 Porcano 2 Cartridge
1 Sonic Pocket Adv. Cartridge
1 King of Fighters: R-2 Game Cartridge
1 Faselei! Cartridge
1 Pocket Tennis Cartridge
1 Puzzle Link 2 Cartridge
1 Ward of Lights Cartridge
1 Card Fighters Clash Cartridge
1 Picture Puzzle Cartridge
1 Fatal Fury Contact Cartridge
1 Dark Arms Cartridge
1 Pac-Man Cartridge
1 Gals Fighters Cartridge
1 Party Mail Cartridge
1 Dive Alert Cartridge
1 Metal Slug: 2nd Mission Game Cartridge
5 JP Games.

5 JP Games:
Mokushi Se! Kanji O
Oekaki Puzzle
Sore Ike!! Hanafuda Doujou
Mizuki Shigeru Youkai Shashinkan (Ghost Photo Studio)
Kikouseiki Unitron
The first 3 are puzzle games I believe. GPS is a simple picture editor, and I'm not sure about Unitron except that the box picture I found online has a robot on it, and that's usually a good thing in my book.

It seems that everything from the 6 / 4 / 4 Neo Geo packs is included, except for Turf Masters (golf) and Metal Slug: 1st Mission.

HOLY SHIT!!! I wish they gave you a list of the games included, but that's still a hell of a deal no matter how you slice it, assuming there are no double carts. I'm not going to get this on ebay, but if it shows up in EB like the 6-pack with the system did a few years ago, I'm all over it.

Not sure if this should raise some eyebrows but if you click on the different systems right next to the picture, it says store does not exist.

Also when did Zone of The Enders 2nd Runner get a reprint?

The 360 and Genesis sections exist, and two more sections exist but have no items in them at the moment. Perhaps this is just a new company.

[quote name='Chuplayer']HOLY SHIT!!! I wish they gave you a list of the games included, but that's still a hell of a deal no matter how you slice it, assuming there are no double carts. I'm not going to get this on ebay, but if it shows up in EB like the 6-pack with the system did a few years ago, I'm all over it.[/QUOTE]

OP Updated with game list.

I was under the impression that those packages on Ebay were all bootlegs from Hong Kong. That's why you don't get the box/manual even though they're new games. If SNK was actually producing these, I think you'd see them in more retail outlets.

[quote name='Rictor']I was under the impression that those packages on Ebay were all bootlegs from Hong Kong. That's why you don't get the box/manual even though they're new games. If SNK was actually producing these, I think you'd see them in more retail outlets.[/QUOTE]
Definitely a possibility, but I think they're at least coming from the same middleman that the NGPC+6 games came from. I actually ordered one on Monday, and it came in today. When I get time tonight I'll report back on how everything looks (for the three people that care).

On the bootleg note - is there an obvious way to identify bootlegs? Play-Asia sells many NGPC games the same way.

I was under the impression that those packages on Ebay were all bootlegs from Hong Kong. That's why you don't get the box/manual even though they're new games. If SNK was actually producing these, I think you'd see them in more retail outlets.
I don't think they are boots. I think SNK had a ton of extra stock when the system failed and sold them this way (in these value packs) instead of producing boxes and manuals for a dead system.

I'm a little sad that this got moved out of deal discussion simply because it had an auction mentioned in it - there are other places to buy this bundle and in fact I got it for ~$89 shipped on a site away from ebay. I'll put pictures and a review up within an hour, and if any mods see this, might you consider moving this back to deal discussion?

[quote name='nwaugh']I'm a little sad that this got moved out of deal discussion simply because it had an auction mentioned in it - there are other places to buy this bundle and in fact I got it for ~$89 shipped on a site away from ebay. I'll put pictures and a review up within an hour, and if any mods see this, might you consider moving this back to deal discussion?[/quote]

I second that;) Took me about an hour finding this post again. I am dying to see your pictures and review

bread's done
Back