Neo-Nazi's discover they are really Jewish

Dave_Chapelle_Show_-_Black_White_Su.jpg

So whats the story here? He was something and now he is something else? I mean I understand the whole moral of the story but it just means he has no conviction. He was a skinhead and into it big time, he finds out he has jew relatives and now he is a jew? If he really stood by his beliefs he would still be a skinhead and heritage be damned, it didnt matter to him before he knew not sure why it would after the fact.

Now Im not prejudice, Im not a skinhead, I dont hate jews and its all cool and the gang he left the hate and violence behind him, wish more people would. But for some reason it just annoys me that people like him are such sheeps being led around. First he falls into the incredibly brainless mentality of being a skinhead but then he just mindlessly falls into being a jew. He should have just been his own person to begin with instead of just following others.

In the end though one less skinhead is better than 1 more.

[quote name='gargus']So whats the story here? He was something and now he is something else? I mean I understand the whole moral of the story but it just means he has no conviction. He was a skinhead and into it big time, he finds out he has jew relatives and now he is a jew? If he really stood by his beliefs he would still be a skinhead and heritage be damned, it didnt matter to him before he knew not sure why it would after the fact.

Now Im not prejudice, Im not a skinhead, I dont hate jews and its all cool and the gang he left the hate and violence behind him, wish more people would. But for some reason it just annoys me that people like him are such sheeps being led around. First he falls into the incredibly brainless mentality of being a skinhead but then he just mindlessly falls into being a jew. He should have just been his own person to begin with instead of just following others.

In the end though one less skinhead is better than 1 more.[/QUOTE]

The story is that he went from someone that seriously hates jews to actually being a jew himself.. It shouldn't be the fact that he converted that makes you mad at him.. it should be the fact that he was a Nazi in the first place.

[quote name='gargus']So whats the story here? He was something and now he is something else? I mean I understand the whole moral of the story but it just means he has no conviction. He was a skinhead and into it big time, he finds out he has jew relatives and now he is a jew? If he really stood by his beliefs he would still be a skinhead and heritage be damned, it didnt matter to him before he knew not sure why it would after the fact.

It took him being a Jew to understand his views were wrong. I see where you're coming from but I wouldn't call it mindless.

People can't really choose to not be Jewish. It is passed through the mother to their kids. Choosing to practice is obviously a different matter.

Taken from Wikipedia - According to halakha, the oldest normative definition used by Jews for self-identification, a person is matrilineally a Jew by birth, or becomes one through conversion to Judaism.

no gargus i hear ya. it's like in the when you read a lot of sci-fi fantasy one of the more common tropes is when the bad guys find a traitor the first thing they do after stealing inside is kill him because if he didn't have the conviction to stand with his people why would he have the conviction to stand his new aligance.

[quote name='Wolfkin']no gargus i hear ya. it's like in the when you read a lot of sci-fi fantasy one of the more common tropes is when the bad guys find a traitor the first thing they do after stealing inside is kill him because if he didn't have the conviction to stand with his people why would he have the conviction to stand his new aligance.[/QUOTE]

But these people weren't caught, they changed themselves. How can they be traitors if they did not know they were being traitors?

I can see what the other guy is saying that the guy was a Nazi and then ended up accepting he is a Jew. Obviously the guy was not so heartless or serious or whatever the case may be into being a Nazi because if he was, he wouldn't have accepted his Jew roots.

I do believe there were Nazi's (back in the day) that were Jews, but (I can't remember if any of them knew or not, but I assume some did) they were still Nazi's through and through.

P.S. I don't see any reason to be mad at the guy though, considering he is just some fool who thought being a Nazi was cool but now thinks being Jewish is fine too.

[quote name='J7.']But these people weren't caught, they changed themselves. How can they be traitors if they did not know they were being traitors?[/QUOTE]no it wasn't a direct analogy. The idea is that the traitor is perceived as someone who has no strength to his conviction and will flop over for anything (hence it's easier to just kill them when you're done with them). The same with these 'nazi' people. Actually that applies to most people. there's a popular opinion and the wrong one. I've always wanted to see what would happen if they criss crossed. For instance there was a time I wanted to become a Nazi and then take leadership role and then do somthing like a rally for women's sufferage or equal pay. We'd still be against black people, and women in general and want slaves and whatever else nazi's stand for but on one issue I'd take the 'right' side and see how many people fight equal pay just because Nazi's support it.

Personally I have lots of opinions.. many of them are wrong. Most are right. I'm fairly open minded but the opinions I know something about. the ones i can back up with actual knowledge. Those I won't back down from no matter who else supports it. People get WAY too caught up in who is on what opinion and forget to analyze the actual opinion itself.

Quite frankly I have no problem with Nazis. it's Nazi violence that i take issue with but if you want to stand in the streets and have protests at me because I'm black. go ahead. I'll even respect your doing it in Atlanta surrounded by black people. Long as you keep your hands off me we don't have an issue.

[quote name='Puffa469']Hitler was part Jewish. He kinda shrugged it off though.[/QUOTE]

Wait.. You mean Hitler wasn't a devout Jew!?!?!?

[quote name='gargus']...In the end though one less skinhead is better than 1 more.[/QUOTE]

Actually if you do the math, -1 skinhead and +1 jew really means -2 skinheads.

[quote name='Halo05']People can't really choose to not be Jewish. It is passed through the mother to their kids.[/QUOTE]

Yeah OK, but you don't have to make it sound like hepatitus or HIV or something like that.

[quote name='Phelmo']The story is that he went from someone that seriously hates jews to actually being a jew himself.. It shouldn't be the fact that he converted that makes you mad at him.. it should be the fact that he was a Nazi in the first place.[/QUOTE]

So in your universe nobody is allowed to make mistakes or be allowed redemption? Give the guy at least a 1up for crying out loud. At least it wasn't some bullshit deathbed-change-of-heart-to-get-into-heaven move.

I think Wolfkin's point was more along the lines that finding out it applies to you isn't the most redeeming reason to stop doing something. It just seems kind of hollow...as opposed to changing your beliefs because you actually had a revelation that they were horrible and wrong. It's like his moment of clarity was "Oh shit! My friends are going to kick my ass!"

Stopping hating Jews because it's unreasonable and inhumane > Stopping hating Jews because "What? That's going to happen to me now?"

BTW I see this shit with Republicans all the fucking time. You think Reagan would have given a shit about AIDS if some of his Hollywood friends hadn't gotten it (and even then). You think Cheney would give a shit about homosexuals if his daugher wasn't a lesbian.

Some people just can't see beyond their own backyard.

[quote name='snookie_wookums']Yeah OK, but you don't have to make it sound like hepatitus or HIV or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like a bad thing. It's just that many people don't realize that it's spelled out very specifically how being Jewish is passed to children.

EDIT - I didn't know it until maybe five years ago thanks to David Cross stand up.

[quote name='snookie_wookums']Yeah OK, but you don't have to make it sound like hepatitus or HIV or something like that.[/QUOTE]more like sickle cell or even more like RG color blindness. genetics is genetics

bread's done
Back